• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

There cant be many of these....

mjt42

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
UK
I bought an R1 and the previous owner had the foresight to leave the box seal intact...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420521090.193788.jpg

He opened the box at the opposite end without tearing or damaging the card. It can be reclosed leaving just some superficial creasing.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420521202.717306.jpg

The coin is even still in place.

Shame the serial number of the frames doesn't match the box, though! A very long shot, but if anybody has the serial 67132A I would be up for a swap!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420521366.400793.jpg

Amazing that he'd go to such lengths to take care of the box but not keep ahold of the matching serial frame... :idk:
It was fairly common back then for pairs to be stored and sold in the wrong serial box.

I bought an R1 and the previous owner had the foresight to leave the box seal intact...
View attachment 123016

He opened the box at the opposite end without tearing or damaging the card. It can be reclosed leaving just some superficial creasing.
View attachment 123017

The coin is even still in place.

Shame the serial number of the frames doesn't match the box, though! A very long shot, but if anybody has the serial 67132A I would be up for a swap!!
View attachment 123018

Would you break the seal of the box to remove the outer sleeve and confirm (via pic) to all of us that the coin holder indeed has no tears? :)

It was fairly common back then for pairs to be stored and sold in the wrong serial box.
It was common for stores to give the wrong box to a customer, yes. I don't think it common at all for a store (because that is likely where the switch occurred) to open boxes from the opposite end. Then having that level of attention to detail to put the wrong frame in the wrong box?
My .02 only but an interesting combo for sure.

Rather than wrinkle that box,i would have used a sharp exacto to cut the label.

I agree. I mean is it really worth keeping it "sealed" for the illusion of brand new brand new brand new brand new in box at the expense of a badly folded box end? Not for me..

But that's just my humble opinion

David

Shame the box messed up I agree with XMaN there could have cut it with a knifed rather than ruining the box. It's a nice piece it should have been nicer with a matching box.