• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

These Juliets don't look right (see pics)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely fake. The seller knows it too, with a description like "wie abgebildet" ("as pictured" for the solely anglophone amongst us).

Ear stems, screws on the nose pc and that unfamiliar "Plasma" finish stand out for me.....

Ear stems, screws on the nose pc and that unfamiliar "Plasma" finish stand out for me.....

I don't know if the finish is that glaringly fake, but those other two are right - the flare at the end of the earstems and the screws in the nosebridge instead of rivets.

Additionally:
- note the orbital break - the angle's all wrong. Usually these breaks are simulated on fakes. These look like they might be actual breaks, but like I said, the angle is way off.

- Look at the hinge screws - genuine Juliets use Torx heads (like a star) while these are hex. Also, the hinge screw head is recessed on genuine Juliets, unlike these.

- The T-shocks - they look all wrong. Real t-shocks are installed from the outside (the part that is pinched closed when the stems are open) in, while these look like some sort of plugs mounted from the inside out.

- The lenses - These fakes are trying to spoof plasma / ice iridium polarized, a popular OEM colorway. Real ice lenses have a neutral, grey base tint. These have an amber contrast base tint.

It was nice of this seller to post so many detailed pics from different angles of fakes. Somebody should save a copy for future use as an example of fakes...

1 & 2. screws on nose and arms
3. bad angles on the orbitals
4. milling on the jet intakes is not right nor consistent between sides
5. the arms are off, geometry and the tip taper is wrong
6. attempt to install OEM rubbers = FAIL - they do not fit (presume legit, one says Made in the USA, can't tell on the other)
7. spacing on the (screw'd in) nose pins is off
8. no reference to a legitimate part/item to compare them to?
9. nosebridge clearance is suspect
10. nosebridge milling is uneven/poor
11. t-shox look off (geometry and installation)
12. the size of the nose pins is suspect
13. the clearance of the nose pins in relation to the nose surface is suspect
14. finish is polishasma-plasmish-like
15. lenses are not quite right

...that's all I see

I had a Carbon fake about a year ago, very similar - same screws, same issues for the most part. Seller claimed they were from a legit source overseas. I wonder how many times eBay's Resolution Center has to hear that about these?

attaching screen scrapes for future reference
Screen Shot 2014-09-27 at 9.14.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-09-27 at 9.15.02 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-09-27 at 9.15.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-09-27 at 9.15.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-09-27 at 9.16.21 PM.png

1 & 2. screws on nose and arms
3. bad angles on the orbitals
4. milling on the jet intakes is not right nor consistent between sides
5. the arms are off, geometry and the tip taper is wrong
6. attempt to install OEM rubbers = FAIL - they do not fit (presume legit, one says Made in the USA, can't tell on the other)
7. spacing on the (screw'd in) nose pins is off
8. no reference to a legitimate part/item to compare them to?
9. nosebridge clearance is suspect
10. nosebridge milling is uneven/poor
11. t-shox look off (geometry and installation)
12. the size of the nose pins is suspect
13. the clearance of the nose pins in relation to the nose surface is suspect
14. finish is polishasma-plasmish-like
15. lenses are not quite right

...that's all I see

I had a Carbon fake about a year ago, very similar - same screws, same issues for the most part. Seller claimed they were from a legit source overseas. I wonder how many times eBay's Resolution Center has to hear that about these?

attaching screen scrapes for future referenceView attachment 106203 View attachment 106204 View attachment 106205 View attachment 106206 View attachment 106207

Now that's just getting nit-picky... :D:D:D

I do like the yoke screws instead of pins, and the flaired tips make more sense. Id love to know what there casting them from.most likely stainless.stainless flows so nice in castings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back