• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

These MULTICAM BLACK GASCANS are fake. (99% sure)

yEaRiGhTiSSiK

Oakley Beginner
I ordered a pair of them on Mercari (obviously knowing I could get screwed) but they were around a hundred bucks I figured why not hopefully they'll be real. Here are the pictures . I've not been able to find any OAKLEYS with the letters CAM included as part of the camouflage design on the frame. It is right there on the inside right of the nose, below the lens. Looks tacky AF. The D in POLARIZED is also off.

IMG_20220319_133954.jpg

IMG_20220319_133807.jpg

IMG_20220319_132405.jpg

IMG_20220319_133858.jpg

IMG_20220319_133847.jpg

IMG_20220319_133735.jpg

IMG_20220319_134134.jpg

IMG_20220319_133908.jpg

IMG_20220319_132436.jpg

Firstly, get some information on the pair you're interested in, from a reputable source. Then do some research on fakes and the 'give-aways'. ie: Juliet with solid inlet ports, the O Icon in the top of the lens, etc.
With this knowledge, you should be able to 'navigate the sometimes choppy waters 'of buying genuine products.

Firstly, get some information on the pair you're interested in, from a reputable source. Then do some research on fakes and the 'give-aways'. ie: Juliet with solid inlet ports, the O Icon in the top of the lens, etc.
With this knowledge, you should be able to 'navigate the sometimes choppy waters 'of buying genuine products.

Yeah, I always buy from the official OAKLEY website , I have a pair of crankshafts coming any day now. But, I was at work and seen these for a "deal" on Mercari and bought them very quickly . Knowing they could be fake but hoping they wouldn't be. My return and refund has been approved and I am shipping them back to the clown today. There's just no point in buying from a non-oakley approved seller. Anyways, thanks guys, figured this was something good to post.

Of all the pics you took you didnt take one of the part number on the frame or the box??? The print on the hydroprint is not common but not a flag to me at least. I'm no GC expert but they look good to me. Hard to research w/o the part number however.

Of all the pics you took you didnt take one of the part number on the frame or the box??? The print on the hydroprint is not common but not a flag to me at least. I'm no GC expert but they look good to me. Hard to research w/o the part number however.
“CAM” is just a piece of the trademark “Multicam” that’s on anything licensed by Crye and is in the artwork, so it finds its way onto things.

Having said that, no idea if these are real.

“CAM” is just a piece of the trademark “Multicam” that’s on anything licensed by Crye and is in the artwork, so it finds its way onto things.

Having said that, no idea if these are real.
Sorry, I have the boxed up and am dropping them at the post office soon. I compared them to the true ones on the oakleysi website and the coloring on the frame isn't even close. For the other friend who was talking about not having a pic of the numbers on them, I'm sorry. That should have been the first thing I posted. I remember the number on the inside of the arm was the same as the one on the box. That number DID correlate with the real MULTICAM black ones, but the colors themselves also with them saying CAM told otherwise. I'd be really surprised if Oakley let any of their sunglasses come with text like that within the camouflage. Question : on authentic Oakleys like the black multicam ones, does the camouflage print vary with each pair or are they all the exact same?

I'd be really surprised if Oakley let any of their sunglasses come with text like that within the camouflage. Question : on authentic Oakleys like the black multicam ones, does the camouflage print vary with each pair or are they all the exact same?
You mean like this?
1647886969114.png

They are all different.

Sorry, I have the boxed up and am dropping them at the post office soon. I compared them to the true ones on the oakleysi website and the coloring on the frame isn't even close. For the other friend who was talking about not having a pic of the numbers on them, I'm sorry. That should have been the first thing I posted. I remember the number on the inside of the arm was the same as the one on the box. That number DID correlate with the real MULTICAM black ones, but the colors themselves also with them saying CAM told otherwise. I'd be really surprised if Oakley let any of their sunglasses come with text like that within the camouflage. Question : on authentic Oakleys like the black multicam ones, does the camouflage print vary with each pair or are they all the exact same?
The "CAM" is part of "Multicam" which is part of the camo from Crye so yes it will be on there by chance, which also answers the pattern question. They are all different.

As far as color, there are a lot of different Multicam colors, which were these supposed to be?

Latest Posts

Back