• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

These MULTICAM BLACK GASCANS are fake. (99% sure)

The "CAM" is part of "Multicam" which is part of the camo from Crye so yes it will be on there by chance, which also answers the pattern question. They are all different.

As far as color, there are a lot of different Multicam colors, which were these supposed to be?
Black

Unfortunately w/o the part number information there is really no way to confirm if these are real or fake. They look real to me.

I don't see any flags with the pictures posted. Seems a little strange to send the correct box and bag but fake glasses. More information is needed to determine if they are replica.

Did the ear stems open smoothly or have a little snap to them?

You mean like this?
View attachment 948726

They are all different.
I have the exact one as that. 😜
I also have this one. @yEaRiGhTiSSiK It's not unusual to see that, mine has it too.
IMG_20220322_144039636.jpg
IMG_20220322_144055254.jpg

Last edited:
For what it's worth, hydrodipping with trademarked / proprietary designs will often lead to text in the finished product.

I'm no Oakley or Gascan expert, but it's pretty normal in hydrodipping appliques. RealTree designs are notorious for this, as can be seen on products from lots of companies. Forget who owns the legit Multicam but expect the same occasional text in dips, legit Kryptek camo dip sheets have the trademarking text too, but knockoff Kyptek dip sheets do not.

I would bet knockoff RealTree and Multicam sheets would not have text either. Ugly as it is, random text bits on dips might actually be a great sign the finished product is legit.

Back