• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

These worth putting money in to get a new life?

Roush1608

Oakley Enthusiast
Premium Member
I have these X-Square that I had forgotten about. I looked at them recently and noticed the rubber on the ear socks were all sticky and deteriorated not sure how they got like that as they weren’t like that when I stopped wearing them. Stopped using them due to a scratch Right in the middle of one of the lenses.

So, I would need new rubbers and lenses....also not sure if there is something in the nose bridge But the left side is really lose and looks like the gasket or whatever is in there is missed up. Can replacements even be had for those?

Thanks for any insight on this matter!

C730C959-D0D0-4298-AB41-393E9776BBD2.jpeg

F0D52AA1-5210-4A2A-A2EA-9360181B5FF8.jpeg

I have these X-Square that I had forgotten about. I looked at them recently and noticed the rubber on the ear socks were all sticky and deteriorated not sure how they got like that as they weren’t like that when I stopped wearing them. Stopped using them due to a scratch Right in the middle of one of the lenses.

So, I would need new rubbers and lenses....also not sure if there is something in the nose bridge But the left side is really lose and looks like the gasket or whatever is in there is missed up. Can replacements even be had for those?

Thanks for any insight on this matter!

Found the below set on feebay but looks a little expensive ( don’t know if that’s the going rate these days or not) and not sure the color would look good in the xs.

View attachment 674011

View attachment 674012

Yup, worth fixing, but that Ducati kit seems a bit rich...

All that stuff is replaceable. XS, you can perform the tune-up yourself. You need a T6 for the lens orbitals, preferably a WIHA driver so you run less chance of stripping screw. I'm not sure what the nosebridge uses, but I think it's a T5?

@zwc0442 sells flex couplers.

You can get lenses from @Chris A Hardaway or purchase a set of 8.75 BC donor lenses from @Ebayreseller and send them to @Chris A Hardaway to get cut. The cost for that can range from $70-120 (depending on the path you choose - don't quote me on the price).

Rubbers can get obtained from @Linegear Japan if you want some aftermarket ones or OEMs can be found in the exchange section from time to time if you make a thread.

All in all, I think you're looking at about $150-180 to restore the frame.

Yup, worth fixing, but that Ducati kit seems a bit rich...
I was think they were for sure but wasn’t sure the cost on replacement costs. Thought the Ducati kit was a bit much. How much are they worth fixed up? Wouldn’t sell but just curious.

Yes and coin...like I said I wouldn’t sell them just wondering value vs fixing

You can probably get around $250 ($225 net to you) for them on forums in their current condition. Then, you could use the funds & $100 to buy a more in-shape version of the same frame. Mint examples hover around $300-350 for them now.

Alternatively, you could fix them up and spend around $150 fixing them up but they would be yours. Also, they're titanium so anything you replace them with that's not from the X-Metal line is going to feel inferior (not as robust). So, in my opinion, they're worth fixing up.

All that stuff is replaceable. XS, you can perform the tune-up yourself. You need a T6 for the lens orbitals, preferably a WIHA driver so you run less chance of stripping screw. I'm not sure what the nosebridge uses, but I think it's a T5?

@zwc0442 sells flex couplers.

You can get lenses from @Chris A Hardaway or purchase a set of 8.75 BC donor lenses from @Ebayreseller and send them to @Chris A Hardaway to get cut. The cost for that can range from $70-120 (depending on the path you choose - don't quote me on the price).

Rubbers can get obtained from @Linegear Japan if you want some aftermarket ones or OEMs can be found in the exchange section from time to time if you make a thread.

All in all, I think you're looking at about $150-180 to restore the frame.
Thanks for the detailed response! How tight would you make the screws ? Tight , tighter or sung?

Thanks for the detailed response! How tight would you make the screws ? Tight , tighter or sung?

Just a little bit more than finger tight, if you need to tighten more than that then you need to replace the plastic earstem washers as well.

@zwc0442 has all those parts.

Alternatively, if you don't want to do it there are people that will do all that for you.

Back