• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

These worth putting money in to get a new life?

Highly recommend tuning those up.

With your Polished Black colorway, most all the lens options look good.
Deep Water Prizm or Ruby contrast nicely :)

And it should be set for another several years of use.

Thanks guys for your input. I will be getting them fixed up. I put an offer in on the lenses and rubber set on eBay. If that doesn’t get accepted I will be going to the people here that @htrap2294 suggested to get some of the parts needed.

The flex couplers are the gaskets in the nose bridge? If so looks like one definitely needs replacing...I should probably do both at once like changing headlights in a car when one goes bad you replace both sides...

Again thanks for all your insight.

Thanks guys for your input. I will be getting them fixed up. I put an offer in on the lenses and rubber set on eBay. If that doesn’t get accepted I will be going to the people here that @htrap2294 suggested to get some of the parts needed.

The flex couplers are the gaskets in the nose bridge? If so looks like one definitely needs replacing...I should probably do both at once like changing headlights in a car when one goes bad you replace both sides...

Again thanks for all your insight.
Yes you will want to do both at the same time.

The XS needs a different driver than the other X Metals - the WHIA drivers are excellent and you will be happy with that purchase.

Snug is all you need for the torque spec. It’s not a rocket in flight :)

Yes you will want to do both at the same time.

The XS needs a different driver than the other X Metals - the WHIA drivers are excellent and you will be happy with that purchase.

Snug is all you need for the torque spec. It’s not a rocket in flight :)
Thanks that’s what I was thinking. This is the driver?

4A07F64F-1A26-4525-9CEE-E713C97DD0D8.png

That's the one I use! I wouldn't get the larger one, you might accidentally over-torque the screws. This driver really bites into the screw-head & doesn't damage it. I've gotten out screws that other drivers would've probably stripped.
You know how to use a screw driver? lol

Thanks that’s what I was thinking. This is the driver?

View attachment 674185
That driver will work for most the X-Metals, but not your XS temple screws.

For the XS:

.05 hex for the nosebridge; not Torx.

T-6 for the orbitals and earstems.

I purchased their combo hex kit, use them for some of the Oakley watches as well, very nice drivers.

Latest Posts

Back