• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

They're here.........................

The plasma finish itself varies a from silvery, to silvery/gold in many stages, up to shiny silver on the much later A serial 2nd gens which appear more polished in their apprarance. None however, in my experience and ive owned many early frames, are the same as the 'bone white' finish of the early plasma Juliets. This has been discussed at length many times before, and I am of the firm belief that a bone finish plasma R1 does not exist, so do not be concerned by its appearance - this is perfectly normal and exactly what you should expect. Congrats on the purchase, they are a beautiful frame! :)

Thank you for the explanation @discostu. Don't have much experience of the Plasma/Fire Romeos.

Yes, even though the scatches are evident, due to the colour of the lens and the fact they're genuine, they don't really notice and ....you gueseesd it, they don't show in pictures taken to show the whole pair of sunglassez.
I'm just considering my next move: should I complain about the misrepresentation or just accept them as is. I got them for $560 (£360.99) from over here)?

If it came complete with serial matching box and coin then that would be a good price. Actually, it's still a good price even if it was just frame and pouch. Also, I feel hairline scratches would be more forgivable compared to stress cracks on the lens. But that's me :)

If it came complete with serial matching box and coin then that would be a good price. Actually, it's still a good price even if it was just frame and pouch. Also, I feel hairline scratches would be more forgivable compared to stress cracks on the lens. But that's me :)

I know what prices are like in the States, but sadly over 'the pond' they're not as conservative. There are stress cracks, but very difficult to see and very small.

I know what prices are like in the States, but sadly over 'the pond' they're not as conservative. There are stress cracks, but very difficult to see and very small.

Aaah. Then clearly that is misrepresentation. Mint...translates to like new. You can return or perhaps ask for a discount. Personally, the condition of the frame is more important for me and I just have a custom lens cut for it. Unless the X-Metal etching is important for you on the lens.

I hate when items arrive and you find flaws that are not described. Although everyone does not have the same definition or attention to detail. Congratulations on the arrival.

Stress cracks are virtually unavoidable unfortunately, but should not worsen providing the glasses are put on and off correctly. ie - the over the head method. Unless you find a pair which is practically unworn, you will have some evidence of this.

This is his desciption on his eBay page

This Is still in a perfect condition, the Frame is Brand new, lenses are good there is just a very small

crack/ scatches on one lens which can even be seen on picture, this doesn't disturb the vision at all.

Comes with and Oakley Micro bag and A Juliet coin as per picture.

This is a Rare pair of Oakley X Metal that will last a lifetime, it's like treasure.

His response to my email

Hi,

I did mention that on the description, Romeo lenses always crack, but all of us Oakley addict know that, but the glasses are still one of the best that OKLEY ever made , up till today I still receive message about this pair od X metal, a few people offered a good amount of money for it, some of them even more that what you paid, i can as goodwill only do a 20 £ refund but no more than that, otherwise i'm also happy to have them back.

Latest Posts

Back