• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Thinking I just got some fake PB2's

saltparrot

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
La La Land
Came from ebay. They feel heavy and decent, but there's just something not quite right. These are my first pb2's so I'm no expert.

The 'polarized' etching seems WAY off. Wrong font, centered, and it pops out... but they may just be after market lenses.

Other areas of concern was that the O icons had no magnetic pull and the QC on them seems weak (but maybe just wear?). Anyway, any of you experts see tell-tale signs of a fake? Would like to know before I submit a claim for getting fakies.

tlzWpd6.jpg

9UOAzxw.jpg

fESVH2i.jpg

3xGxDpL.jpg

You can sort of see the weak-ass paint job on the bottom of this icon.

3HhJWhQ.jpg

PBII etching seems fishy to me in terms of placement

iI1pb5m.jpg

I got a pair from him and returned about 5 months ago. Im not an expert but I believed my pair to be fakes... Very good ones at that. He sells alot of them and never has any boxes or papers...

I got a pair from him and returned about 5 months ago. Im not an expert but I believed my pair to be fakes... Very good ones at that. He sells alot of them and never has any boxes or papers...

Good to know. I take it he was happy to have them sent back rather than risk getting outed? As far as fakes go, they seem good. Just something not quite right.

The etching and icon were clues to me too but I tried another pair of PB2 lenses from a pair i know for sure is authentic and they didnt quite fit, though they were very close. Also the "flex" in the arms wasnt consistent with my other pair. Mine were matte black. Its hard to believe someone has that many PB2's without any boxes at all???

just checked against mine and all markings seem the same - the only concern i would have is the ill fitting lenses.
i have also had a look at other ebay listings and the only ones that seem suspicious are the none-existent ones where the buyer takes money and doesn't send the item. i haven't seen any pictures with different markings.

have you a link to the ebay listing yours came from?

Sent from my Nokia 5210 using TapaTalk

@mjt42 it was a while ago so I had to dig but heres what I found....

Its too old for me to retrieve an actual webpage but my pair that came from dearborn heights, MI was actually sold by another user "usamade2006". I checked on my paypal and his paypal user name is "traveltrade" which is the same as the ebay user name of the pair in question here. And "traveltrade" the ebay account is fairly new(opened in march). It looks like he switches back and forth so people cant see how many PB2 he has sold in the last 90 days(after that information on the sale becomes limited)

I think it's a high quality fake.
look at the bulged shaping on the orbital. On the top side it tapers right into the arm where it should stop a long way short of that, plus the gaps are all over the place.

Also the polarized etching is a little too much in the flat bottom of the orbital

fESVH2i.jpg

SAM_0010.JPG

Last edited:
Back