• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Thinking of buying first Romeo 1

Doogerboosh

Oakley Beginner
Hey Guys,

As seems to be the norm, since joining this forum, I have been learning about more Oakleys / X-Metals and now itching to buy one. I have owned Juliet and currently still have X-Squared (and Badman :)). The Juliet's were too small for my face so I sold them, but I understand the Romeo 1s are quite big, like the XS, maybe even bigger :).

So, I have been reading the threads on this forum and am seeking some confirmations / answers:

- The lens replacement process for R1 is basically done using the T6 screw right? So actually same as XS process
- I understand that the lenses will (spider) crack due to design--I hear it's inevitable, but you have more longevity by putting them on like a pair of goggles, true?
- Unlike the XS, which has essentially the SKU on the ear stem that corresponds to the frame / lens combo, the R1 has a serial in the middle on the inside, but this has no relation to the frame / lens combination, correct?
- To know what the original frame / lens combo is, you'd need the box (which would have a handwritten serial)?
- To avoid fakes, look at nose bombs, which need to be round, true?
- I think there are other tell-tale signs, but I forget, maybe something about ear stem tips...

Anyways, I found a pair locally, but would like the forum's opinion:
- are these authentic? they look legit to me
- is this a stock frame / lens combination? I can't really tell what it is
- are there certain serials that are more desirable than others?
- what might be a reasonable price for this (no box)?

Thanks!

236496981_4496066780438705_8362692130131272616_n.jpg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

Now that is genuinely weird. Glasses looks good except for the lenses. The case and cloth usually come with fakes. Better be a good price and have the capacity to file for a refund if it doesn’t check out.

Took me a while to find them but I think for $750 usd you'd be much happier dropping that sort of money here on the forum or even ebay. The glasses look ok but I'm no expert but all the kit with them looks fake

Now that is genuinely weird. Glasses looks good except for the lenses. The case and cloth usually come with fakes. Better be a good price and have the capacity to file for a refund if it doesn’t check out.
It'd be a local, face to face (mask to mask?) sale so I could tell right there. Although, I'd need to know what to look for :).

Took me a while to find them but I think for $750 usd you'd be much happier dropping that sort of money here on the forum or even ebay. The glasses look ok but I'm no expert but all the kit with them looks fake
Well, I was thinking I could talk him down :)... but what's a fair price?

Seems legit. He just try to put together a "complete set" the microfiber and the case those come with fakes oakley the lenses are after market or best case senario are a persimon. Color lenses frame looks legit there is decoloration on the upper par of the orbitals on both sides . arrange a meeting face to face then make make your offer between $600 and 750.. Just make sure the screw in the frame are exe and not + the only value is the frame the rest ...no so much..

Back