• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

This Holbrook is one I never thought I would get my hands on.

alcapon1

I should Work at Oakley
West Side
I just could not let it go. I thought I was done collecting Holbrooks but 70 pairs later Project 453 Grids.

33051D44-BAC0-4163-8501-55F0330F6C0F.jpeg

C2527094-091A-428A-8DDB-BB3DCD982DB5.jpeg

Wow that’s awesome. I need one. How many were made and what is project 453? Very cool and nice find.

Wow that’s awesome. I need one. How many were made and what is project 453? Very cool and nice find.
The 453 Holbrook is an original Oakley Concept Studios from 2014. Basically, there were 7 pairs (different styles frames) created by Brian Takumi and Visual Mayhem XX. This was the only Holbrook from that collection. They did it again in 2015 with all Camo designed. This pair was created based off of Oakley’s first ever trade show booth, basically a nod to the SI devision. I believe James Lareau was featured in the second round with the Artisan Winter Holbrook sold on Oakley.com for 700$. No doubt these are a Holbrook grail in relation to the development of the Concept Studio product line and definitely one of my favorites concepts from Oakley.

More info can be found here. Concept Studio

Oh, and I took a Pedestal / Cube display and added the glowing red grid lighting. I really wanted this pair to have its own dedicated space. Love how it came out.

Back