• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

This is Awesome!

Sirius67

Oakley Beginner
Hello Everyone -

I'm new to the forum and had no idea this existed . . . I wished I would have known about years ago.

I have a pair of Nanowire 2.0's that I've worn for roughly 8-9 years and I can't think of what I'll do without
them. I've had them tighten up a couple times but ultimately I think I'd I'll need to replace the lenses. I know there's a shop or two that offers replacements but they're not the polarized VR28 Black Iridium.

Does someone out there know of a source to replace these lenses with the Oakley original stuff or am I just out of luck?

Thanks!

I think I could help put Prizm Black Iridium Polarized lenses in them, if we could make a deal and you send me frame. I'll work on older frames, just not in RX

VR28 Black Iridium Polarized is now a discontinued color, so Prizm Black Polarized is your closest tint. Anyone else have input on the best replacement tint?

Looks like Prizm Tungsten would be the closest based on the numbers.

tung.jpg
VR28 BLACK IRIDIUM POL.jpg

I think I could help put Prizm Black Iridium Polarized lenses in them, if we could make a deal and you send me frame. I'll work on older frames, just not in RX

VR28 Black Iridium Polarized is now a discontinued color, so Prizm Black Polarized is your closest tint. Anyone else have input on the best replacement tint?

Thanks for the feedback and quick response.
For lens color I'd prefer be the Tungsten polarized vs. Black. . . .

What kind of deal were you thinking?

Thanks again.

Thanks MicahS!
After looking into life after VR28 Black Iridium Polarized . . . Prizm Tungsten polarized is the next best thing.

My dilemma now is to stick with the Nanowire 2.0s or move on to another pair . . . .

Welcome to the forum.
My thought from someone that got rid of my my beloved MFrames (only to get the back finally 4 years later). Keep your Nanowire 2.0's, up date them get new lenses and try another pair. No reason you can't have several pairs of Oakley's to wear and enjoy.

Back