• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

This Is What Not Cleaning Your Glasses Looks Like.

I never actually thought of taking the lenses out to clean glasses. I was changing lenses in a pair of my x-metals and though they were not that dirty they had a bit of "cleaning" that should have been done along time ago. So my question is how many of you remove the lenses in your glasses and clean the pocket of the lens housing?

X-Metals have a T6 screw holding them in. Just undo that and gently remove the lens out. Be sure to be aware of the rubber gasket and put it back in when re-installing the lenses. For other frames, just gently pull the orbital away at the top and bottom and push the lens outwards to remove.

I use a small cloth folded over to get in the grooves and remove any junk in there.

I don't generally remove my lenses all that often. The pair was FILTHY besides, and when I popped the lenses to give them a thorough cleanse it was evident just how nasty they were.

If I were to sell a pair that I had been using for a long time I would give them a good going over, including popping the lenses out. But like I said, the listing noted they were dirty. You just don't realize it if you've never taken an old pair apart. This is more of a PSA than a warning.

Back