• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

This is Why I hate Ebay

I've never had much luck on Ebay. Either I can't find anything or the prices are wack.

Sent from Q's Note5

Yup, I have yet to have a great purchase. Everything I've purpose is not as described. Good thing you can return.
I have tons of great ebay transactions! Wanna know the secret? Assume they are lying about every flippin thing and bid accordingly.... often stuff is slightly better than I expected if I bid that way, and occasionally I'm super surprised by how great the condition of something is. Don't pay hefty ebay BIN prices and walk away from bidding wars. Wish sellers were honest, and certainly some are, but they can be few and far between :(

From personal experiece, having been on eBay since 2001, I'd suggest knowing about the item first: what it looks like from ALL angles, know about if there were any changes, difference from one model to the next, have this information to hand if need be. OBSERVE closely. AND IF YOU WANT TO KNOW SOMETHING WHICH ISN'T MENTIONED/AVAILABLE...............ASK.

I've always thought Oakley and eBay, not a good combo. I've got sent a pair I know was fake years ago. Stuck with until dog ate them

You're the second person I've heard that from: and since they were fakes......isn't that a 'godsend'! Keep your personal items out of the reach of pets amd kids.......
Throughout the fifteen years I've been using eBay, it's mostly been a great experience, with the odd 'hiccup'. Product knowledge is essential. When I order anything from there I KNOW about it fully.Do your homework.

Yes I was very fortunate. I'm still bad about it with my kids as it's harder for me to be Mr.toughass with them. But I've also paid the price with a couple iPhone screens

That one time is really my only "bad" experience on eBay. But I do still tend to prefer new or used on a forum where there is more face or reputation to lose.

From personal experiece, having been on eBay since 2001, I'd suggest knowing about the item first: what it looks like from ALL angles, know about if there were any changes, difference from one model to the next, have this information to hand if need be. OBSERVE closely. AND IF YOU WANT TO KNOW SOMETHING WHICH ISN'T MENTIONED/AVAILABLE...............ASK.

You still cannot avoid people lying through their teeth stating everything is in mint condition and when you open the box you get trashed frames. Or when they tell you it's mint and take pics under low light or odd angles which hides everything they don't want you to see. I personally had never had a great experience and had to return everything I've bought, they piss and moan about it but they know they didn't describe EVERYTHING

And don't get me started on the jack wagons that have multiple accounts to one up you in bids towards the end because they don't like how low their product is selling, but they list the same exact product and pics the very next day. They all state the same thing... " oh the buyer didn't pay so I listed it again" at a higher price with shipping at $50.00.

I'm happy that you've had pleasant experiences but eBay has left a bad taste in my mouth, much like the clintons.

I've had some great experiences there myself...this is excellent advice that we should all follow religiously. Thanks Funky! ;)

I did just purchase a used iPod classic 7th gen 120gig to replace my older 80, guy was very helpful and was not a pawn shop selling some ****. You do have to be mindful and sift through the crap and ask questions. He had it to me within 3 days, excellent packaging, and said if any issues he'd refund me fully. Was a once in a year experience though (at best that often)

Latest Posts

Back