• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

This is Why I hate Ebay

1) that guy must have outstanding bills he wants to pay.
2) needs walking around $
3) or just flat out didnt do his research.
Max i have paid is still in tripple digits never 4 for shades off ebay.
R1s and PB Ducati's have been the most expensive of my procurements.

Hmmm one man's (or woman's/person's in this political age) dead horse is another's shopping paradise. I have had many many purchases from Bays all over the world and have in the main a pleasant and fruitful experience. Sure there have been a couple of purchases that have been below power or even fake but these have been sorted with a partial or full refund without hostility and these do not detract from the total bargains and rare items I have bought. Sure sometimes you have to take on other collectors and bid but that is excitement and if you loose well someone wanted them more than you , but they had to pay the price !!! I suppose it all comes down to how much effort you want to put in on searching , research and bidding , but like everything the more you do it the easier it becomes. As for the silly priced pair , well I just laugh and say good luck , if they sell won't do my stock any harm and for every overpriced pair there is a bargain pair just round the corner .

Hmmm one man's (or woman's/person's in this political age) dead horse is another's shopping paradise. I have had many many purchases from Bays all over the world and have in the main a pleasant and fruitful experience. Sure there have been a couple of purchases that have been below power or even fake but these have been sorted with a partial or full refund without hostility and these do not detract from the total bargains and rare items I have bought. Sure sometimes you have to take on other collectors and bid but that is excitement and if you loose well someone wanted them more than you , but they had to pay the price !!! I suppose it all comes down to how much effort you want to put in on searching , research and bidding , but like everything the more you do it the easier it becomes. As for the silly priced pair , well I just laugh and say good luck , if they sell won't do my stock any harm and for every overpriced pair there is a bargain pair just round the corner .

Got it in one, @Oakley UK.

I don't mind eBay for the smaller items. I would never buy something like a Juliet through there, and I very rarely buy the limited edition items. If the price is right, I don't mind. Fortunately, many of the more common frames (Flak 2.0's, Jackets, etc). They usually end up being better than described.

I definitely have a love/hate thing for eBay. Yes it sucks when people try and gouge, sell fakes, stuff that shows up and doesn't work, etc, etc. But in the end I've saved a crap load of money picking up stuff on there rather than going retail. Recently picked up a top of the line mountain hardware climbing jacket that retails on their website at $700 for $89 new with tags still attached and no it's not a fake lol. Other good deals would include a set of pit boss 1 for $57 with just one large scratch on the left lens by the etching, although the listing didn't even have Oakley in the title so I'm pretty sure everyone just missed the auction. Lots of deals to be found if you have time to wade through the bullshit.

I definitely have a love/hate thing for eBay. Yes it sucks when people try and gouge, sell fakes, stuff that shows up and doesn't work, etc, etc. But in the end I've saved a crap load of money picking up stuff on there rather than going retail. Recently picked up a top of the line mountain hardware climbing jacket that retails on their website at $700 for $89 new with tags still attached and no it's not a fake lol. Other good deals would include a set of pit boss 1 for $57 with just one large scratch on the left lens by the etching, although the listing didn't even have Oakley in the title so I'm pretty sure everyone just missed the auction. Lots of deals to be found if you have time to wade through the bullshit.
Its always sweet when those things happen , as for the scratch , well you have to take the good with the bad still a nice deal

I've gotten some of my best deals on ebay through vague listings. I don't have time to look at CL or meet random people at random locations who might be selling fakes anyway. Sure there are scalpers there but we don't have to buy from them. Best part of ebay is the return policy. If you are unhappy with a purchase you can almost always return.

Back