• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

This...is Why I Never Bought Used On EBay Before Or Will Again

ucdavis4PT0gpa

I should Work at Oakley
Oceanside, Oregon
Guy selling plasma Ice Polarized Juliet....I want the polarized lenses mainly so I ask about conditon o. f them before buying. He says they are perfect and like new. I get them...scratches on them...not huge but not anywhere near perfect. Guy has a return policy so I tell him they are coming back as I didn't feel they were as described. So he gets them back and emails me and asks why I switched the lenses out because these "are not the lenses I sent in these glasses". Right. Sooo....here we go with a round and round with eBay for the next month cause I nailed him with a claim both for the not as described and not honoring his return policy....and all this because he didn't inspect them close enough or outright lied to begin with. Ridiculous thing is the purchase price was $150 and he could relist and still get that or close with full disclosure because the frames were tight...but instead he wants to do this and have Paypal lock up the money and item for a month. Be my guest buddy...eBay is buyer centric and will rule in my favor. And he's got the nerve to say "I thought it was suspicious a self proclaimed Oakley collector would buy these just for the lenses when you could just buy the lenses for half". Right moron...the lenses that were discontinued as a replacement option earlier this year that you CAN'T buy by themselves?

what a jerk! it happens too often in the last time that we hear such storys . . .
it's just a pain in the ass to deal with seller like this!

When I got my Juliets assembled, the sales girl wanted to know if I wanted the Polarized Ice lenses. I declined just out of expense. She told me that once their stock runs out, they are done.

When I got my Juliets assembled, the sales girl wanted to know if I wanted the Polarized Ice lenses. I declined just out of expense. She told me that once their stock runs out, they are done.

AHHHHH...NOOOOO! I might have to just buy a pair of Ice Polarized if I see it go discontinued.

But as expected, eBay found in my favor today. Told me to send the glasses back and submit tracking info-since they have already been returned I should have a full refund within 3 days. Though I've a few bad experiences as a seller over the years, this the first time I've had to submit a claim as a buyer and for once I'm happy eBay as gone buyer-centric.

Egh. I may have to call the vault and see what they have left. Or maybe Oakley themselves. Looking at eBay the only Ice lenses are the non-polarized that I already have and a ton of stuff from Walleva and Exovista.

This is my first winter with real sunglasses, so maybe top line polarized lenses will serve me well this time.

I just got screwed on eBay too. In the middle of a dispute over scratched lenses. Wonder why people can't be honest and say there are flaws in their items? It just pisses me off.

@ ucdavis4PT0gpa.... Post the Ebay sellers name here so we can avoid his scams for the future. You know as well as I do the seller will relist them......

As I totally agree, you're entitled to a refund, especially since he has a return policy, you are also right that they are complete Buyer Centric. It doesn't really matter what the buyer says, they almost always side with the buyer anyway. I don't need to go into my dealings with buyers. Hope it all works out for you!

I've had a generally good experience with purchases off of eBay so far (Monster Pup, Felon, Half Jacket and a Crosshair 2.0 polarized). The only time that I sort of got duped was with the Crosshair 2.0's. For some reason, I didn't drill the seller with detailed questions before I bid and won. I guess it was because the bid was just about to end and there wasn't enough time to ask. That mistake came in the form of scratched lenses, which weren't mentioned on the auction and weren't shown in the photos. I came away with a good deal on the price ($70 shipped), but should've trusted my instincts and just walked away.

There are good, honest sellers on eBay, but you really need to do your homework. Now I always make sure to ask very detailed questions and ask for additional photos to be sent via email if possible, before I commit to anything. If I feel that something may be the slightest bit shady or questionable, I'll walk...no matter how good the deal. Protect yourself and do your homework and you should be fine. Besides, eBay's refund and customer protection policy is pretty solid, so it helps to assure a better buying experience.

Back