• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

This Message Will Self-destruct In 5 Seconds...

Actually, that's the thread I started and where I saw xmetalfreak's polished pair.

IMHO, I dont really care about the "worth" or value of the romeos i customized. as long as i love the way it looks and i did it with what i had in mind and i know that it is authentic. i still try my best to save the serial and not to polish it out.

True, but it seems like Romeo's are going for top dollar and would be a waste if I were to get one and polish it out then it's not worth anything. I love polished metal. I've been polishing metal items for over 35 years and would love to have my x-metals in a polished finish. So far I only have a XS which came from the factory polished but I'm getting a beater Juliet to play around with and will try to polish that.

I did go over the frame with a polishing wad and it does seem to help clean it up. Removed a bit of dirt and grime after buffing by hand.

Eric, honestly I think polishing wouldn't do much to the value. As long as you use OEM rubber and lenses you'd be ok. That's the way I'm going.

I did go over the frame with a polishing wad and it does seem to help clean it up. Removed a bit of dirt and grime after buffing by hand.

Eric, honestly I think polishing wouldn't do much to the value. As long as you use OEM rubber and lenses you'd be ok. That's the way I'm going.

So are you going to leave it or go the full polished route? Fully polished with colored rubber and lenses would be awesome. You know what I would do. That's the plan for the Plasma Juliet's I'm getting.

I like the full polished look but honestly it's not for me. If I had the luxury of having another Romeo or two I would consider it, but the X-Metal finish just has that genuine attitude and that's why I love it. Even slightly worn it looks badass.

Back