• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

This year's TdF limited editions?

MarcelN said:
Does anyone have info on this year's Tour de France special edition glasses?

What I learned from the guys at Bicycle Haus and the vault was that Oakley was going to make the jawbone the same color way as the acid frogskins. That was before they changed them to racing jackets. So who knows if it will happen.

I came across this link awhile back that said Mark Cavendish, Cadel Evans and Fabian Cancellara were going to get their own Signature Series Radar and Jawbone but nothing ever surfaced :eek:(

Oakley 2012 , les nouveautés ! - Newsbikes.com

Last year the Echelon Jawbone and Radar were introduced around the time of the Amgen Tour of California, in May, and the year before that the BMX Chrome Jawbone and Radar were introduced at the start of Paris-Roubaix, in April...while the year before that, the Anti-Freeze Radars were released June 1st...and the year before that, the Atomics were introduced in July (my box says 24.06.2008)...and the Retina Burns were brought out at the 07' Interbike :eek:)

Last year's Echelon's were a let down to me...the only good thing about them were the lenses, which I imagine will be out soon enough...so I'm hoping they do something awesome this year. I know it won't be an FMJ anything, nor a Splatter, but I believe we'll be seeing them soon as the ATOC is next week :eek:)

What about the Jawbone's Taylor Phinney has been wearing in the Giro?

Those are custom World Champ Splatter painted ones, like the Radars, and are an athlete exclusives - Championship Splatter: Special Oakley Radar XL Design for World Champion Bike Athletes

But I'd like to see them do an Ultraviolet or Phantom of the Aqua still :eek:)
2678605648_7839bb70ae_o.jpg

ThorHushovdJawbone-1.jpg

"Oakley’s Fabian Cancellara is wearing his very special Atomic Orange, Cadel Evans has Radioactive Violet and Thor Hushovd is in Phantom of the Aqua."
http://www.oakley.com/sports/tdf/posts/781

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that I'd love to see those green Jawbones, kinda interesting that Phinney is wearing a world champion pair and he's no longer the current world champion.

I agree that I'd love to see those green Jawbones, kinda interesting that Phinney is wearing a world champion pair and he's no longer the current world champion.

When you're collection is as sick as his...you can wear whatever ya want ;o)

The case is getting crowded! on Twitpic
Custom world champ shades... Courtesy of the Oakley! Who make... on Twitpic

...and here's Mark Cavendish's ;o)
http://twitter.com/#!/MarkCavendish/status/158642835728502784/photo/1
http://twitter.com/#!/robhayles1/status/163698037418500096/photo/1

Touche.

That is an awesome collection, I'm disappointed now that they won't be releasing the Jawbones he's wearing.

He's an outstanding talent and will be the next Captain America, but with World Champion stripes once again.

Latest Posts

Back