• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Thought I knew everything about X-metal. Help!

OakleyOneKenobi

I am Jim Jannard...
UK
Bought some Ichiro polished iridium slate. They are LNIB! Problem is, they don't have a serial and I thought all Ichiro's were serialized except the emerald slate?

Anyone know anything about this? I know they were 2003-2004 so, could they of been very late December 2004 so, missed out on the serial?

Cheers guys.

Bought some Ichiro polished iridium slate. They are LNIB! Problem is, they don't have a serial and I thought all Ichiro's were serialized except the emerald slate?

Anyone know anything about this? I know they were 2003-2004 so, could they of been very late December 2004 so, missed out on the serial?

Cheers guys.
Hmmm as far as i know only the usa released emeralds wasn’t serial, they should have a serial, if not frame probably got switched.

O-Review has a listing. Any chance somebody did a frame swap?

Polished / Slate Ichiro Juliet
3rd Release

IS 51 #####
No idea, i will put some pic's up tomorrow. The guy says he bought them new. They are like Brand new. Even the foam is fresh as he just stored them for years.

O-Review has a listing. Any chance somebody did a frame swap?

Polished / Slate Ichiro Juliet
3rd Release

IS 51 #####
No idea, i will put some pic's up tomorrow. The guy says he bought them new. They are like Brand new. Even the foam is fresh as he just stored them for years.

Hmmm as far as i know only the usa released emeralds wasn’t serial, they should have a serial, if not frame probably got switched.
I was surprised to see no serial. Lenses are right, frame kit. The guy isn't a collector, he just bought them new and practically never used them. And it shows.

polished/slate with blue rubbers right? I dont recall where/when but there were a few floating around that had no serial# can you snap a pic of the SKU and barcode?

Conversation on o-review:

dj.MLYT

Tom B
Aug 23, 2005 6:54 AM

Nono, those are the real deal. Especially considering how readily available they are, and how much of a hassle it is to order emerald slate lens and green unobtanium, you can pretty much rest assured that theres no reason yours would be a custom built one. If it comes with the box, the barcode says polished/emerald slate, you're good to go.

Those are indeed the first model of Ichiros to not feature a serial number, and to my knowledge, the later few batches of the '03 polished/slate ones didnt have serials either. And also, the polished/emerald slate are the '05 Ichiros... the '04s were the extremely sought after carbon/OO Blue Iridiums.... And the fact that they are '05 explains WHY there are no serials on them.

Back