• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Thoughts On Clear Frame Oakleys

AusOakley

I should Work at Oakley
Sydney, Australia
looking to get something a little different, rather than just your usual black frame, as brown and white frames dont suit me. What is everyones opinion on clear frames and what lens and icon combination would you use??

I have the Clear/Chrome Holbrooks and love them, the clear is very different and with the chrome lenses it really looks cool. The chrome lenses are essentially mirrors and with the clear frames it puts all the emphasis on the lenses. I also have the clear/Violet Iridium Fuel Cells, and it is pretty much the same thing. IMO Clear lenses need a lenses that is really going to make it POP!

I've wanted clear frames for a while until the good people here told me about the icicle effect that clear frames are susceptible to. If you don't mind that, then by all means get a pair. They look fantastic with any iridium.

Clear frames with violet iridium or grey lenses seem to be Oakley's go-to colorways. I would personally pick ruby lenses though. 24K is another great choice as well. If you can find them, matte clear frames look even better than polished, at least to my eyes.

Thanks for the replies. I might put some pictures up once I decide on a frame. I was thinking antix or hijinx with ruby Lens and red
Icons but well see what happens

Back