• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Thoughts On Customized Frogskins?

We have a local business that did this. They had someone do a navy chrome finish to some frogs and brooks and then put their business logo on the inside of the legs like most collaboration frames and then they threw some blue polarized lenses in them and etched their business logo on them. They looked like they were straight from oakley but I was informed by the owner that that was not that case. He told me that he asked their Oakley rep if it was ok and they said they had no problem with it but informed him that it would void they warranty and that they would have to inform people before purchasing them that that was the case. I think the store offered their own warranty which was basically the same as oakleys 1 year system.

That's interesting, never heard of people doing that before.

Personally, I think that so long as companies are honest with what they're doing, it's fine, although I'm not a huge fan of customs myself, as cool as they look.

I would just be worried that if it becomes a trend that companies might be twisting it to make it sound like it was an official oakley release.

I've seen the Hawaiian Customs on pipedreams has anybody brought any of them if so what is the quality like?
I saw a pair of his fuel cells at RED and they look much nicer in person than in pix. Very clean. The textures and pearls used tend to make photos look less good than the actual item. I have a hard time getting mine to pop most of the time too

We have a local business that did this. They had someone do a navy chrome finish to some frogs and brooks and then put their business logo on the inside of the legs like most collaboration frames and then they threw some blue polarized lenses in them and etched their business logo on them. They looked like they were straight from oakley but I was informed by the owner that that was not that case. He told me that he asked their Oakley rep if it was ok and they said they had no problem with it but informed him that it would void they warranty and that they would have to inform people before purchasing them that that was the case. I think the store offered their own warranty which was basically the same as oakleys 1 year system.

yeah! this is exactly what I was talking about. You guys cool with this if it's explicitly stated and the shop matches the warranty?

Back