• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

THOUGHTS ON OXM

OXM work looks absolutely amazing! It's interesting that even the Oakley bridge tuning wasn't as good. Is that due to different rubber material? I had mine done at HQ, and while it was great (they were bending a couple of inches), they're certainly not super tight like other metals I have.

I'd like to understand where OXM gets the parts; I can't imagine it's cost effective for him to be procuring rubber production directly, but you never know!

I'm currently trying to understand the difference between his products and Linegear.

Again, the pics above are stunning!

OXM work looks absolutely amazing! It's interesting that even the Oakley bridge tuning wasn't as good. Is that due to different rubber material? I had mine done at HQ, and while it was great (they were bending a couple of inches), they're certainly not super tight like other metals I have.

I'd like to understand where OXM gets the parts; I can't imagine it's cost effective for him to be procuring rubber production directly, but you never know!

I'm currently trying to understand the difference between his products and Linegear.

Again, the pics above are stunning!

Oem Oakley flex couplers were around a 70a durometer rating. The earlier the pairs the more squared off the orbital tabs are and the tune up feels tighter with oem flex couplers. The later generations the orbital tabs that fit into the nose became more rounded and then the same flex coupler in the later frames they flex more. Everyone that sells flex couplers me included has had their own made. Mine are a bit stiffer 90a durometer so even with later gen frames they flex less.

Oem Oakley flex couplers were around a 70a durometer rating. The earlier the pairs the more squared off the orbital tabs are and the tune up feels tighter with oem flex couplers. The later generations the orbital tabs that fit into the nose became more rounded and then the same flex coupler in the later frames they flex more. Everyone that sells flex couplers me included has had their own made. Mine are a bit stiffer 90a durometer so even with later gen frames they flex less.

Thank you... Makes total sense! What durometer does Linegear use do you think?

Mine tuned at HQ must have been later Gen rounded.

They have a couple different ones now I believe. Their original ones were similar to oem but I'm pretty sure they came out with a stiffer one in the last year or so iirc.

They did Come up with a tighter version....they work great in the XS But still a little bit too soft for later gen x-metal frames .

Last edited:

Linegear sells 80 and 90 Hardness.
I prefer 90.

Last edited:
Because x-metals are not all the same, its nice to have a couple different types of bridge rubber,later gens need higher durometer first gens looser......

I use 90a hardness rubber and designed them to fit the largest of frames plug and play, and with easy one-cut trimming, down to the smallest of frames. I use a proprietary formula of rubber for enhanced properties. Like a Ferrari sports car, nothing about X Metal sunglasses is cost effective when maintaining the spirit of quality that Oakley put in to these glasses.

Update - I got my OXM parts and replaced the washers on my 2011 Juliets. Being my first time, it took quite awhile to get them in, but it worked out great. I was very surprised to see that there were 2 sets of OEM washer on EACH SIDE of the ear stems; so 4 total washer PER side. As people have noted, diff generations had diff fitments, so they must just have one type of washer and double up on the required frames.

washers.jpg

Back