• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Thoughts on the iPhone 13?

Well, I feel like I got a decent upgrade, although, I had the 11 Pro Max, previously. My brother has the 12 Pro Max and said he’s not upgrading. So, as for the 12, I can’t say. Coming from an 11 Pro Max, yes, I feel it’s most definitely the wiser decision to upgrade, if one was pondering that thought.

I upgraded to a 12 pro max from the XS Max. It was a big upgrade. I find the battery life is better, but in addition, the camera is excellent, especially the wide angle function.

In today's COVID situation, unless you have the Apple Watch, it's annoying to type in your code all the time to unlock. I wish they had kept a fingerprint scanner under the screen or put one on the back.

I upgraded to a 12 pro max from the XS Max. It was a big upgrade. I find the battery life is better, but in addition, the camera is excellent, especially the wide angle function.

In today's COVID situation, unless you have the Apple Watch, it's annoying to type in your code all the time to unlock. I wish they had kept a fingerprint scanner under the screen or put one on the back.
The battery life difference is probably due more to age than an improvement in the 13. Camera is definitely better

still have my 11 pro max 🤣 i mean tbh there is no major updates for me to switch. Does it has better camera??? Front and back??? Not really.

i mean if it automatically blocks people wearing katos??? WELL SHEEEET I AM SWITCHING NOW!!! 🤣
Your such a sweet guy😂😂 The back cameras are of course way better on the 13 than on the 11. I saw a difference from the 11 Pro Max to the 12 Pro Max.

Ahhh i will see the reviews
I don’t really spend a dime when upgrading it’s just the transfer of data takes time.

Well, I feel like I got a decent upgrade, although, I had the 11 Pro Max, previously. My brother has the 12 Pro Max and said he’s not upgrading. So, as for the 12, I can’t say. Coming from an 11 Pro Max, yes, I feel it’s most definitely the wiser decision to upgrade, if one was pondering that thought.

Macro shots are very crisp! Depending on aperture settings, (I AM SO SORRY — I was typing this out last night, and I passed out 😆) shutter speed, etc. cinematic mode isn’t all that great. Only gripe for myself, I should have went with the Pro Max.
Oh, and finger prints on the edges suck.

I’d love to hear from some people on the 13 that have Verizon.

I have the 12 Mini on Verizon, since December of last year. For the first six months I would drop at least 50% of my calls in or out.

It’s a bit better now. I only drop 10 to 20% of my calls. 😫

I almost never dropped a call on my iPhone 8, 7, 6, etc.

In Denver metro area, I know others with a 12 on Verizon with the same issues. I know people in other metropolitan areas of the US with the same issue. This is actually my second 12, but no improvement.

There was a class action lawsuit, but it was dropped because the attorneys were afraid Apple would finally fix the issue.

But I doubt it after spending ridiculous hours on multiple tickets with both Apple and Verizon. Both of them blame each other.

Switching to LTE only, Auto, etc makes no difference. The phone randomly switches to zero bars. I actually had the phone replaced at one point but the replacement has the same issues.

Worst Apple phone I’ve ever owned for the most important function… Calling. Or maybe it’s Verizon.

But the Camera & FaceID is awesome. 🤪

62CB151E-977C-4D56-8059-31C8E6B16DE3.jpeg

Fix is to reboot or turn into airplane mode and then back off again. Many times a day.
Anyway I think I got a little carried away and vented, there. 😆 Sorry @cacatman

Would love to hear from some iPhone 13 users on Verizon, especially in larger cities. How is it?

Back