• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Thoughts on the iPhone 13?

I normally upgrade every second release (used to be on the cardinal, skipping the S but they don’t release S versions any more) but the 11 Pro I have is such a good all rounder that I don’t find any compelling reason to upgrade this time around.

Thinking on it, I skipped 7 as the improvements were pretty marginal then too. 4, 5, 6, 8, 11 Pro.

Last edited:
I normally upgrade every second release (used to be on the cardinal, skipping the S but they don’t release S versions any more) but the 11 Pro I have is such a good all rounder that I don’t find any compelling reason to upgrade this time around.

Thinking on it, I skipped 7 as the improvements were pretty marginal then too. 4, 5, 6, 8, 11 Pro.

Too funny. That’s the exact route I took. Gonna sit on my 11 pro max as well. No need to upgrade IMO

That phone cost 7 or 8 times more than my phone :oops:

Compare Apple iPhone 13 Pro vs. Samsung Galaxy A22 5G - GSMArena.com

according to specs, it looks like i made the right decision.

Also:

I think the profit margins are underestimated in this video, but it’s also older so that could be part of the discrepancy. The rest is very interesting. But I don’t think anyone is surprised that child labor is at least partly responsible for producing the inexpensive items from China.

I just upgraded my family's 3-year old iPhones -- my son (XR to 13), my wife (XS to 13 Pro Max) and mine (XS Max to 13 Pro Max). Notable upgrades are A15 Bionic, 5-core GPU, 120Hz screen for the Pro Max, 5G, more RAM, Wi-Fi 6, Magsafe, bigger battery, longer battery time, faster full recharge, more and better cameras, 4K Video. I also like the fact that we can continue using Anker PowerWave pad/stand for wireless charging by plugging it to our old Anker PowerPort's PD port that supplies up to 30W with USB-C cable or using new 20W charging blocks.

Since we didn't get insurance or AppleCare, we already invested in Apple brand leather cases and a clear case to showcase my son's Product(RED) phone. Also bought the Magsafe battery which works as designed. Just remember that it is just a power extender to top off your phone in case your day goes unexpected longer than usual.

To be honest, if you don’t use the camera too much, it’s not really worth the upgrade. And, if you upgraded every 2 versions, you could pay for an amazing digital slr!!!

The problem is you can't fit that DSLR in your pant's front pocket. ;)

I’ve been using iPhone professionally since the start and honestly - the tech stopped at iPhone 6.

Since then nothing new has emerged. Only toy/childish stuff like the childish emojis etc etc.

I’ve got an 12 pro at the moment. Only thing that’s better than the iPhone 6 is battery life but it’s not that much better.

Also - iPhones with small memory arnt worth getting. 128gb is the smallest ‘brain’ to consider if you’re using it to full potential. Anything less is like have a Ferrari with a mini engine. 😂

And - unless it’s synced up to a MacBook Pro or similar it only works with about half the power it’s capable of. Soon as you link up to the MacBook suddenly both devices really come to life.

Actually - a while back my phone camera was broken so I did use an DSLR for about 5 months on my customs thread. Bet you can’t tell which we’re DSLR & which we’re phone pics….? 😀

Latest Posts

Back