• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘Thoughts on the SI Shocktube?

cacatman

No one knows 'cacat' like cacatman!!
Staff member
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Saw @Ventruck's review of the Shocktube here.

Now, 4 years later, what do people think about them?

They look massive, but love the aggressive look and the impact protection. Pity there's not much by the way of lens choices.

SI Ballistic Shocktube list.
screenshot_91.png
screenshot_90.png

Dang, that bottom row, second pic in looks like Dillon lenses in that pic.

I had a pair of these with maritime and wore them a few times. They were great. But, I took those lenses and had them cut to PB1...then sold the frame with some greys I picked up. Tough decisions had to be made...lol

Dang, that bottom row, second pic in looks like Dillon lenses in that pic.

I had a pair of these with maritime and wore them a few times. They were great. But, I took those lenses and had them cut to PB1...then sold the frame with some greys I picked up. Tough decisions had to be made...lol
So obviously you didn't like them? Did you feel like a blowfly wearing them? Was that why?

So obviously you didn't like them? Did you feel like a blowfly wearing them? Was that why?
No, I liked them. Comfortable and light with good coverage. Just needed the lenses elsewhere and decided to sell since I could only find grey replacement lenses. If I had to do again, I would probably keep them with the grey.

My wear pair when I have to go to jobsites. GC's like to tell me i need safety glasses not fashion glasses. Jokes on them.

Saw @Ventruck's review of the Shocktube here.

Now, 4 years later, what do people think about them?

They look massive, but love the aggressive look and the impact protection. Pity there's not much by the way of lens choices.

SI Ballistic Shocktube list.
It's the forward pitch that took the pair out of rotation for me, and for me there's generally more secure and well, "funner" pairs to always wear. It's really a good no-frills pair otherwise.

It's the forward pitch that took the pair out of rotation for me, and for me there's generally more secure and well, "funner" pairs to always wear. It's really a good no-frills pair otherwise.
If you own R2 pairs, how does the “forward pitch” compare? I find that the R2 always feels like they’re going to somersault forward off my face!!
I love jawbones, so I’m thinking about giving the shocktube a go.

If you own R2 pairs, how does the “forward pitch” compare? I find that the R2 always feels like they’re going to somersault forward off my face!!
I love jawbones, so I’m thinking about giving the shocktube a go.
Unfortunately I have no R2.

The only other detail I can go into, is if you've seen the bottom edge of the Shocktube, it's a sharp corner, especially surround that houses the bolts. So it kinda exacerbates the issue — at least for those it doesn't fit for.

The Jawbone is a dramatically different fit imo. Pitch is less apparent and the bottom edges flare away from the face.

Back