• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Thoughts on value of Mars Romeo 1 Juliet1 and Shoe 1

That offer for your box/coin with throw in glasses was a joke. But regardless of the thread derailment, it has nothing to do with being a decent member and replying to all of your PMs.

If you start to earn the rep of "he's one of those members that never replies to PMs", then it would not be out of the question for future members to even bother to PM you because, what would be the point?
Good point, im going to try and repost this afternoon hopefully make the wording as airtight as possible to avoid confusion

You came he (joined) for one reason only Chad and that was to sell your stuff. You asked advice on prices and many 'seasoned' people gave you their opinion (mostly accurate) on current FMV. You can choice to listen or list your items at what you think they are worth (but expect lowball offers) You had a deal in place on a couple pairs but backed out because you thought you could get more money. Once you make deals and then flake-out word travels very fast here. There are a LOT of members here that would buy from you but you have to be willing to negotiate.

You came he (joined) for one reason only Chad and that was to sell your stuff. You asked advice on prices and many 'seasoned' people gave you their opinion (mostly accurate) on current FMV. You can choice to listen or list your items at what you think they are worth (but expect lowball offers) You had a deal in place on a couple pairs but backed out because you thought you could get more money. Once you make deals and then flake-out word travels very fast here. There are a LOT of members here that would buy from you but you have to be willing to negotiate.
There wasnt any "deals" in place, there was one offer and i told that person i was going to repost and see what happens in the next week, and if therye offer was still good id take it. there have been better offers by people that didnt clown me on the forum.
As an aside, that "deal" was for the mars and my R1...I was still inquiring about possibly including a diecast but here nor there wasnt done negotiating. If i mislead that person it wasnt intentional, there was obviously something lost in the translation.
And as far as what Im here for Im glad you know my future plans, because I havent thought that far ahead. Yes Id like to sell some of my collection, but I was kind of hoping to hang around a bit and see what is coming up in the oakley universe.
The advice and comments i have recieved have been mostly helpful and encouraging but have wandered into the manipulative and childish.
Bottom line if i can get a reasonable amount on here to someone that really appreciates the glasses then its all good, and hopefully I dont anger the oakley gods to the point I cant hang around awhile after that

Looked clear to me. $800 on a Mars and $450 on a loose Romeo 1 for a total of $1250 minus an 8% discount in consideration for buying two pairs. Starting out over a thousand looking for a package offer and I wanted to work with the OP despite the fact he was a newer member. I always give people a chance and didn't want their lack of track record take away from them being able to get their first sale under their belt. Having never dealt with anyone before there's always apprehension the money would be lost. It would have been G&S so I'd have a recourse. That netted out at $1150 for me. Didn't seem unreasonable to expect a 8-10% discount since I was buying both. I'll let the community at large be the judge. Don't put a number out there and have somene agree to it only to pull your hand away.

IMG_1688.PNG

Yes i requested it be deleted because it was so far off track there were side conversations , rude banter and it was basically going nowhere.as far as responding to all offers as for the one very long comment made about me personally by medusa 50, theres another side to the story but its not even worth mentioning

As far as the offers, I was advised to ignore lowball offers to not even respond so im learning as i go. Im going to repost sometime today, and also two pairs of juliets and a pair of shoe ones...well see how it goes

Thanks for the tips, theres definitely a lot to keep straight while on this site!
Cash money is king.

Sent from: Outer Space

Back