• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

THREAD OF SHAME

Lol. Yeah, not sure why they did that with the 996, as no P car previously or since has had the fried egg headlights. It sets it apart from ever other generation though. No mistaking a 996.
Yep, it sets it apart from every other generation....in a bad way!!! Problem was that it had the same front end as a Boxster which annoyed 911 owners....and the traditional 5 dials were "collapsed" into one...expensive engine components that wear quickly...and then there's the bad quality paintwork and interior wear to deal with! If you have to get a 996, get the turbo for sure!!!

Yep, it sets it apart from every other generation....in a bad way!!! Problem was that it had the same front end as a Boxster which annoyed 911 owners....and the traditional 5 dials were "collapsed" into one...expensive engine components that wear quickly...and then there's the bad quality paintwork and interior wear to deal with! If you have to get a 996, get the turbo for sure!!!

Turbo would be the only way to go. No ims to worry about and the least expensive turbo you can get, but still have the same “cheapish” looking interior.

If you own a Boxster. You are not a Porsche owner.

Yeah, I was giving the Cayman a pass - always take the closed car when you’re buying that sort of car.

Agreed, wholeheartedly. If I had to pick between a 911 (up to a Carrera S) or a GT4 Cayman, I'm picking the Cayman. That 911 engine, with that manual...yes please.

My uncle had the first GT3 in the US. He despised the Boxster.
Bit like the 924 back in the day. 944 was closer to being the real thing but the 924 was developed for VW.

911s (and 912s) always get in, 928 too even though it was a GT. Hypercar specials get an in, like the 959, Carrera GT and 918.

Back