• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Throbbing Headache & Nausea

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
Yeah, thanks for the reminder of why I spend so much on Oakleys.

Heading to dinner and it was raining. Not a mile from the house the sun comes out full blast and lights up the wet roads, grass, cars, everything. I wasn't driving so I didn't have a pair with me. By the time I realized I was squinting and wincing from the glare it was too late.

After I post this I'm finding a dark room, putting on my BIP M Frames, and taking a nap until the pounding stops.

Anyone else hate sun after a storm?

This is the exact reason I always keep a pair with me, even if its raining when I go out. The weather in Texas usually involves intense sunlight, especially on windy days or just after a rain. I've learned the hard way through situations like yours that I'm better off just keeping a pair with me to be safe instead of thinking I know what's going to happen. Hope you feel better after the nap.

I've only had that problem once. Going to a football game the weather was bad on the way up. But as soon as kickoff was about to proceed it was full on sun. Sucked sitting for 3 hours in the sun while almost everyone around me had glasses

I've only had that problem once. Going to a football game the weather was bad on the way up. But as soon as kickoff was about to proceed it was full on sun. Sucked sitting for 3 hours in the sun while almost everyone around me had glasses
3 hours? I'm talking crippling migraines after less than 5 minutes.

I asked to be dropped back at home, where I promptly napped for a bit and have taken a blessed Percocet.

I keep 3 pairs in my car, one always polarized.

It's burned me a few times, accidentally taking my pair out of the car, left with nothing, and facing daunting inferno for the ride home from work. And when I get home I usually draw the shades, take a few ibuprophen, put a pillow over my head, and try to keep the room from spinning too much.

My first Oakleys were Black Iridium Polarized XXTwenty in high school (a birthday present) after sun and glare started doing this to me. I tried a season without polarized in college and didn't hesitate to spend my first paycheck at my summer job on a $150 polarized lens for my M Frame when I barely had $100 to my name.

I feel so ashamed when i'm out and this happens. It's like... I have 40+ pairs to choose from. And i didn't bring ONE with me...?!

I can't see a damn thing in bright sunlight, so I do my best Max Fearlight any time I leave the house before dark.

I never leave home without a pair with me. I've had my bad share and I've learned my lesson. Hope you're feeling better.

I don't ever leave home without a pair, no matter the weather. Hope you're feeling better, I have those headaches occasionally and they're like nothing else. About on the same level as a broken rib, seriously. And those suck majorly.

Back