• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Timb Bomb Cannon Yellow Pick Up

rthomas218

Oakley Expert
Greenville, SC
Have a few questions about a TB I just scooped up. I knew the watch was going to need some work but Oakley has informed me I cannot get a replacement mineral crystal since they no longer have any. Fine, I will just work my @ss off getting the crystal looking good.
I am also contemplating powder coating the watch while I have it torn apart. Not sure if I will devalue it or have any effect other than looking good again. The band is worn bad in spots and there is some wear on the bezel etc. Anyone have any insight? I powder coat so it will be cheap for me. Also, does anyone know the closest powder color to the xmetal finish? I use Eastwood PC.

Last question.. How many Cannon Yellow Time Bombs were produced? I really wanted this watch and happy I found one, but I am really getting into this more than I planned.

Thanks for the help! Ill add a couple pictures in a minute.

Bob

s106.photobucket.com

Thanks. Yeah, I hope to get it looking new again, but not sure I want to customize the watch much or at all. I think I might just let it sit for a minute and figure out what route to go. I plan on getting Scotty Cannon to sign the watch vault when I finish..

I still have a blue gmt that has no movement sitting on my end table and was hoping to not have another watch just sitting while I try to get my hands on parts :)

First of all, congrats on the purchase! That watch looks killer! I'm sure to the purest, the powder coating would devalue it in their eyes but who cares? If you want to have the watch looking in top shape I say good for it and do something you like and not worry what others think. If it were my watch and I had assess to power coating I would redo in in black, but that's just me.

Latest Posts

Back