• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Time Bomb 2 and Livestrong Replacement Rubber

I met up with an old friend recently and he's able to take on this project as a challenge. Been a few weeks and he's sent me a few prototypes using different materials. At this stage they all failed my stress tests and we're trying out custom blend polymers. Here's 1 of the better samples after stress test

View attachment 407081
Looks as though great progress has been made. Count me in as a definite customer once he has the recipe nailed!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Im in if the perfect formula will be created. This actually one of the stupid things oakley made. They should have offer this to TB2 owners to buy extra band especially when they annouced that they will no longer making O watches. I told them before that i bought this expensive watch and i cant even buy the strap for future use? Im not asking for free strap and im willing pay but They told me to send my TB2 for inspection before they will allow me to buy the strap and i said NO WAY! Because i know somebody who owns a 24k juliet and XS and somebody from their receiving department stole it, and this items are irreplaceable because of being limited. And if that happens their answer is sorry and heres a 25% off of your next purchase. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im in if the perfect formula will be created. This actually one of the stupid things oakley made. They should have offer this to TB2 owners to buy extra band especially when they annouced that they will no longer making O watches. I told them before that i bought this expensive watch and i cant even buy the strap for future use? Im not asking for free strap and im willing pay but They told me to send my TB2 for inspection before they will allow me to buy the strap and i said NO WAY! Because i know somebody who owns a 24k juliet and XS and somebody from their receiving department stole it, and this items are irreplaceable because of being limited. And if that happens their answer is sorry and heres a 25% off of your next purchase. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally agree with the sad state of affairs.

Perhaps they're concerned with supplying parts to counterfeit products in circulation and hence the policy with "send it in and we'll look at it". Most larger organisations implement similar policy by only selling OEM parts to authorized dealers/repairers.

Regardless of the reasons, the way they planned and managed the end of life support for watches and x-metals were a total brand marketing management fail to their loyal customers and fans.

I totally agree with the sad state of affairs.

Perhaps they're concerned with supplying parts to counterfeit products in circulation and hence the policy with "send it in and we'll look at it". Most larger organisations implement similar policy by only selling OEM parts to authorized dealers/repairers.

Regardless of the reasons, the way they planned and managed the end of life support for watches and x-metals were a total brand marketing management fail to their loyal customers and fans.

Help save us bro. :p

Although it's not the OEM style that I think followers of this thread are looking for, perhaps my weekend project might inspire some new approaches to solving the TB2 replacement band challenge:
2017-12-04 Stainless TB2 band inside OF.jpg

Some Works in Progress

Back