• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Time Bomb 2- Is It Real

Goose8651

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys. First time post, but long time lurker. I used to own the copper Minute Machine, but recently sold it since I basically never wore it. Been looking again and now I am wanting a Time Bomb 2. Have been waiting for a little while and I actually came across someone on eBay selling it. Below is the link

EDIT: link removed per forum rules

The main question I have is wanted your guys' opinion on whether you think it is real? The serial number on the box kind of has me weary. Also, are you able to add links back to the watch? Have read horror stories of people breaking the rubber portion and paying a god awful amount for a replacement. Thanks in advance for your help.

From what I understand you have to cut the unobtainum in the watch band to remove links. You may be able to add them back, but it might not look perfect.

Yes you have to order a replacement from Oakley to put the links back into the band. To remove them you have to physically cut them out. I went to the local O store and they cut 1 out of each side for me. I do not know the price but I do remember hearing at one time that it is $200-300.

I just had my TBII box out today for pictures and that looks like the real-deal.. and a great price. Yes, there is a matching serial number on the box.

One thing to know about the TBII, since you say you never wore your Minute Machine, is that this is an automatic winding watch so if you do not wear it at least every other day it will stop and you will have to reset the time/date. That is why I picked up a MM myself for everyday wear.

For a size reference, since you had a Minute Machine, I wear my TBII with 2 links out of it and I wear my MM with all the links.

Yes you have to order a replacement from Oakley to put the links back into the band. To remove them you have to physically cut them out. I went to the local O store and they cut 1 out of each side for me. I do not know the price but I do remember hearing at one time that it is $200-300.

I just had my TBII box out today for pictures and that looks like the real-deal.. and a great price. Yes, there is a matching serial number on the box.

One thing to know about the TBII, since you say you never wore your Minute Machine, is that this is an automatic winding watch so if you do not wear it at least every other day it will stop and you will have to reset the time/date. That is why I picked up a MM myself for everyday wear.

For a size reference, since you had a Minute Machine, I wear my TBII with 2 links out of it and I wear my MM with all the links.

Thanks for the reply guys. I actually got a response from the seller and he filled me in with the sizing. I had all the links with my minute machine, so I think with three links cut out, I am cutting it pretty close. Going to keep looking and see if another one pops up another time. If any of you guys might find one, please let me know. Take care and thanks again for the help. .

Back