• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Time Bomb Question

O's & J's

I am Jim Jannard...
If a TB only holds time for a few minutes at a time what does this indicate? Is it repairable?

I see people posting g about capacitors (?) Being bad but couldn't find what the indicators of a bad capacitor are.

Did you swing it around for a few minutes? It should start ticking after a few swings. I have to wear mine for a few days to get it to hold a charge before I can not have to set it in the morning. If yours stops while wearing it, or it doesn't ever start, you need a new capacitor.

Yeah, it stops while wearing it. If you swing it around for a while it will hold time for about 3 minutes then if you wear it it will keep time for a few minutes at a time here and there lol

Yep, capacitor. It can be repaired. The parts aren't too expensive, but finding someone to do it that wont **** up your watch is a different story. Call Oakley warranty and they will send you a form to fill out and ask for pictures. You can send it to them and they can tell you if they can fix it. They should let you know before if they can do it since its obvious what the problem is.

Back