• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Time Bomb Watch Link Removal

ISeeThruYou

Oakley Beginner
Hey everyone-

Just bought a Time Bomb from eBay and it looks pretty awesome.

However, the band is too big for my wrist. I can't find instructions on how to remove the links anywhere. Does anyone here have any advice?

Thanks.

Its the same as most any other watch. It has spring pins. I have a tool for it but all you have to do is get something small enough to fit in the holes and push them in to release the link.

Thanks for the advice - I wasnt sure and didnt want to push too hard and break something. Once I got out the pliers and used those to push the paperclip the pin came right out.

As a follow up question - does oakley service their watches? I have noticed that the watch will often fall behind if I am not wearing it and I think the capacitor is about dead.

Can I send this to Oakley for repair ?

Bad Fishy and myself had the capacitors replaced at HQ a few months ago. I am assuming they still them. Cost was $20.

hey bro since its too big for you, mine is to small i need atlease 2 link for my timebomb maybe you can sell those extras to me ISeeThruYou :)

Was mentioned by a few people that HQ is not servicing TB's anymore. I hope they are, out there for RED and I need a new crystal, but all the same maybe they are and maybe they are not????

Its the same as most any other watch. It has spring pins. I have a tool for it but all you have to do is get something small enough to fit in the holes and push them in to release the link.
it isnt spring pinned... its just a straight pin thats press fitted.

Thanks for the advice - I wasnt sure and didnt want to push too hard and break something. Once I got out the pliers and used those to push the paperclip the pin came right out.

As a follow up question - does oakley service their watches? I have noticed that the watch will often fall behind if I am not wearing it and I think the capacitor is about dead.

Can I send this to Oakley for repair ?

OR you can DIY. all you need is to buy the replacement capacitor (Seiko 3023-5MZ (Maxcell TC920S with a connector)). a bunch on ebay for around $20/$25.
its pretty simple, there s a guide on O-review. http://o-review.com/forum_detail.asp?ID=10694

Latest Posts

Back