• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Time For A New Cell Phone...Narrowed It Down To 2..

Which Cell Phone should I get

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Now you said no new choices but I have to at least make this comment, NFC should be rolling out in a a bunch of phones at the beginning of 2012. NFC is the future with these devices if you ask me. I have an update but I am waiting for the right NFC phone. Now to pick between the two you have listed, i made my choice between droid/apple on music. If you don't mind paying for music go apple. If you like free music go droid.

Now you said no new choices but I have to at least make this comment, NFC should be rolling out in a a bunch of phones at the beginning of 2012. NFC is the future with these devices if you ask me. I have an update but I am waiting for the right NFC phone. Now to pick between the two you have listed, i made my choice between droid/apple on music. If you don't mind paying for music go apple. If you like free music go droid.

What exactly do you mean by paying? Aren't we all suppose to "buy" our music anyways?

I have an iPhone and I love it. Have not regret a single bit getting it. The new technology we have allows for any phone be great and IMO it is a matter of personal choice. While I have not used an android for extended periods of time, I can tell it is a great OS and goes back again to your needs and preference. However, I have had friends that have gone from iPhone to android platforms and almost all regret it badly. One thing all my friends that own an android can agree, is how crappy battery life is. You'll have to carry your charger with you at all times, now that is something I really make fun of my friends :wink:

If it helps, I have the Droid Bionic.. Love it.. from what I gather other then size the features are similar. this is my 3rd Android.. Had a Motorola Droid (orig), and a Droid X.. I love the Speed of the 4g service. depends what you want, but prefer the Android devices..

I have used the Original iPhone and the iPhone 3G, Both phone were excellent for my needs.
When the Droid X was released I switched to Verizon and since they didnt have the iPhone at that time i picked up the Droid X.
Android is not as stable or predictable when compared to iOS. Phone has been replaced once and reloaded 6 times in 1 year.
Some may have a stable Android, my next phone will be an iPhone.
Really comes down to your needs and wants.

I lived the "droid" life for two years, then switched to iPhone and have never regretted it. I think the android phones tout bigger screen and higher specs, but they don't fulfill. Even though my iPhone is smaller, it looks clearer than most android phones. The only rivals right now are the Samsung GS2 and the new Galaxy Nexus. I just find the iOS to be much more polished than Android. I never have to reboot the iPhone due to it crashing and the battery life is stellar. I used to be an Android fanboy, but have found a new smartphone in my life. Go iPhone!

belmont, droid has lots of apps that allow access to free music that apple blocks. For example Vibe vault. It gives you access to all the archive.org shows. Apple would prefer you pay them for tunage.

OK..... Between the forum members and my co-worker, along with the fact my Droid was having a major meltdown today...LOL..... I ordered an Iphone 4S, figured I would get the wife one too, as a christmas present. She never really asks for anything, and she deserves it. Thanks guys for your help......

Latest Posts

Back