• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Time For A New Cell Phone...Narrowed It Down To 2..

Which Cell Phone should I get

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OK..... Between the forum members and my co-worker, along with the fact my Droid was having a major meltdown today...LOL..... I ordered an Iphone 4S, figured I would get the wife one too, as a christmas present. She never really asks for anything, and she deserves it. Thanks guys for your help......

Good choice. Everybody that I know that has made the switch won't turn back. You'll be greeted with a few limitations, but the beauty and solidity will outweigh the few limits. Now time for a case! I recommend the Oakley (of course!) Unobtanium case. The O-Matter case looks just the same, but it is harder and feels more slick. The Unobtanium case feels very sturdy and adds a great no-slip feel. It is slim enough to keep the form factor, but provides enough protection for hip-level drops. Let us know what you think after you get to play with Siri some!

Wow. I don't get those results at all. My wife swears by her new iPhone 4S which she bought to replace her Droid X she used for a year (the Droid X and Razr are very similar) and says its the best phone ever...but I don't agree. I got to use her Droid X extensively and I own its primary competitor the EVO 4G...used side by side with the iPhone both Android phones blast the iPhone away...faster, more st, rootable and totally hackable to make more functional, side load apps, doesn't feel like its going to break if dropped, and the biggest thing? The Apple OS is garbage vs. Android. Another thing to consider? Verizon is rolling 4g out really fast and one of the things that makes my EVO so great is the 4G I have with Sprint..it smokes the Droid X and iPhone my wife have that are not 4g compatible.

To me that's the biggest thing here...you're on Verizon and they're 4g rollout is rapid...if you don't have it yet you likely will before your next upgrade comes around...and the iPhone isn't 4g compatible....the Razr is. AND....the Razr looks damn sexy..I've been tempted to dump Sprint for Verizon just to get it although I won't because I use 7 GB of data a month and get unlimited amounts of everything with Sprint for $59 a month with my corporate discount

I've had a iphone since 1st gen. I now have 2 iPhone a 4 and 4s by far the best phones i've ever had walks over all the other phone manufacturers out there!

I don't get all this hacking business....

I've had a iphone since 1st gen. I now have 2 iPhone a 4 and 4s by far the best phones i've ever had walks over all the other phone manufacturers out there!

I don't get all this hacking business....

Most phones, like computers, are pre loaded and programmed to run certain programs, apps, tasks. This slows them, drains them. Plus iphones are loaded with bloatware you can't get removed and you can't put third party apps on it...with the Android OS you can kill these tasks, remove ore loaded apps, side loaf apps. For the average user, doesn't mean much but for people that know how the ability to do this makes a better phone

If I were to replace my Incredible right now it'd be between the iPhone 4S and RAZR as well.

I think I'd pick the RAZR in the end though because I use my phone primarily for texting and web surfing so the bigger screen would be ideal.

I am one of the ones with battery problems with the 4S. I love the phone but would much rather have my 4 back. My phone died originally 40% at night while I was sleeping with the same settings as my 4. Now with Apple's "fix" it only dies 20% at night. I still wouldn't trade having an iPhone (I am bias to Apple though since I have been using their stuff since '05) but it is something to think about. I am sure it will get fixed sooner or later though.

OK..... Between the forum members and my co-worker, along with the fact my Droid was having a major meltdown today...LOL..... I ordered an Iphone 4S, figured I would get the wife one too, as a christmas present. She never really asks for anything, and she deserves it. Thanks guys for your help......

Please let us know your thoughts on the new Phone after switching from the Droid.

Latest Posts

Back