• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Timebomb 2 sizing?

Hi Guys,

i was hoping somebody could help me or giving me some guidance. I own a TB II for 7 years now, but with the time the red unobtainium strap got some cracks which are getting worse now. I contacted the Oakley Customer Services and they wanting me to send my watch over to them for replacement. As far as understand this is part of their policy and was told that they dont just sell replacement parts.

As I learned now by you guys some of you have succeeded in buying the TB II unobtainium strap and some know of "ways" to obtain it.
As I dont want to send my watch to Oakley having the band replaced (can do this by my own) I would seek for some guidance how to get just the straps for my watch.

Appreciate your help !

Hi Guys,

i was hoping somebody could help me or giving me some guidance. I own a TB II for 7 years now, but with the time the red unobtainium strap got some cracks which are getting worse now. I contacted the Oakley Customer Services and they wanting me to send my watch over to them for replacement. As far as understand this is part of their policy and was told that they dont just sell replacement parts.

As I learned now by you guys some of you have succeeded in buying the TB II unobtainium strap and some know of "ways" to obtain it.
As I dont want to send my watch to Oakley having the band replaced (can do this by my own) I would seek for some guidance how to get just the straps for my watch.

Appreciate your help !
You're gonna have to send it in. There's pretty much no other way to get a replacement band for a warranty replacement other than that.

Thanks! Although I really don't like sending a watch worth $2.5k for having a band replacement, it seems I don't have any other choice. The strap is really in bad shape after 24/7 of wearing for the Last 7 years

Thanks! Although I really don't like sending a watch worth $2.5k for having a band replacement, it seems I don't have any other choice. The strap is really in bad shape after 24/7 of wearing for the Last 7 years
Make sure you speak to someone at HQ and get the name of whoever you speak to. Insure that item in shipping with signature required. Confirm they got it because shipments go all over the place there.

Just a short update I was calling the Customer Care Center today. They told me that they don't have any spare unobtainium straps ... They asked me to send some Pictures and then they see if they find some in stock. Other Option would be of not getting the band and having some kind of "Trade in" as they mentioned.

Last Option would be really sad as I dont want to part with my TBII :cry: If there is anybody that might sell me a red band this would be highly appreciated.

Third-party TBII bracelets have been available in the past. They were sold through websites that specialize in replica watches.
If they are still available somewhere, perhaps posting to an internet watch forum would help find them.

Thank you ! Will check. Would be a shame to part with such a awesome watch just because of the lack of a strap

Hey Guys,

just want to give you an Update. The Oakley Customer Service wrote me today, that they are completely ran out of stock for the rubber band of the TBII. They offered me a trade in giving me 50% of the retail price for my TBII. I thought first they were kidding, but this is seroiusly what they offered to me. I was fortunate in the meantime to get a original one on the internet and should receive it soon.

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

just want to give you an Update. The Oakley Customer Service wrote me today, that they are completely ran out of stock for the rubber band of the TBII. They offered me a trade in giving me 50% of the retail price for my TBII. I thought first they were kidding, but this is seroiusly what they offered to me. I was fortunate in the meantime to get a original one on the internet and should receive it soon.
Lol

Back