• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Timebomb 2 Strap judging interest

hi all most of you have seen my work in custom heads but I am thinking of reproducing the rubber portion of a timebomb 2 Strap but as you can imagine there is a fair amount of work and cost so just trying to judge the interest . As I think they will be around £75 or $100 each . Of course I’ll try to keep the cost sensible.

If cost remains sensible...I would be interested.

Anyone got a old strap even in parts I am willing to buy and even sell back to you

You should charge alot more than $100 each.

Closer to $300 each

$300 each for OEM, sure. For aftermarket, no. That strap has plastic in it that retains the screws, if he manufactures one that is as durable as the original then it will be impressive but I suspect it's going to be a compromise.

Example: Nobody has replicated Oakey's rubber compound - people get close, yes, but it's not the same. Silicone holding the screws means the strap will be delicate - probably just strong enough to hold everything in place. If it's rubber, something that is similar to Revant's compound, then it will be either too sticky (like Revant's) or not sticky enough. For people with hair, like myself, sticky rubber is a problem as it pulls on our hair.

$300 each for OEM, sure. For aftermarket, no. That strap has plastic in it that retains the screws, if he manufactures one that is as durable as the original then it will be impressive but I suspect it's going to be a compromise.

Example: Nobody has replicated Oakey's rubber compound - people get close, yes, but it's not the same. Silicone holding the screws means the strap will be delicate - probably just strong enough to hold everything in place. If it's rubber, something that is similar to Revant's compound, then it will be either too sticky (like Revant's) or not sticky enough. For people with hair, like myself, sticky rubber is a problem as it pulls on our hair.

What this guy says. How’s the new watch btw. Didn’t hear any updates

What this guy says. How’s the new watch btw. Didn’t hear any updates

It's fantastic, bro! It's still running at -1 to -2 seconds per day, depending on activity. The titanium doesn't seem to scratch that easily either - I haven't put many scuffs in the titanium. Fit and finish, obviously, being made in Rolex factories, is superb.

The lume still amazes me - thing glows like a torch for hours on end.

I realized, btw, that the clasp has ceramic ball bearings. I was wondering why it closes so cleanly everytime, has to be due to the ceramic ball bearings within the clasp.

Can you send me some of your arm hairs

Back