• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

TIMEBOMB II (Sample Watch!!!!!!)preproduction

• Thread starter MisterX
  • Start date
I guess one of the questions that wasn't answered properly is valuation. The whited lettered TB2 will pull in as much as any other regular TB2 in the same condition and with complete packaging. Rep samples, whether they are differentiated slightly with very minor color changes or marked as sample on the product itself, generally aren't any more interesting than the regular versions and so the auction prices have reflected that.

Yes, with enough proper sun exposure all the TB2 red lettering will turn white. The links below are a few examples among many where the lettering is turning pure white. It is a function of red being the color that fades the fastest in the sun and also the type of paint they used for the lettering.

TB2 "Automatic" written Letters

Timebomb2 automatic writting on dial fading from red to white

Time bomb 2 types/releases?!

Thought I would post, just my opinion and from talking to HQ on TBII lettering. This post is the first I have seen where it is all white. Most if not red are an off white beige in color. I have one of each and the beige one has never seen sun. Glass by itself filters 99% of UV. Can't remember I think UVB does make it through. Also if you notice in all the examples there are none that have a different degree in fading. All that I have seen is one or the other. They seem to be not related to realest or serials just a different production of the face. HQ has seen the same.

Yes different production runs yield different results. Generally speaking red fading to white on the dial or anything under the sapphire crystal is a pretty common problem for watches. The most notorious example is the seconds hand on the Omega Seamaster Pro which fades from red to white. It goes from red to orange to cream to eventually white. I suspect that is what is happening with the examples.

Omega Seamaster 2531.80.00 with white tip on second hand

Hello there, uh I have two tb2s this one we are discussing and another I wear. The reason wear the other is I have a new set of the uncut rubber bands I can sell with the one I wear if I desire to sell that one. But it's automatic is in red, the same red as the seconds hand. However as I have been wearing it it has faded like you said. But this sample one has never seen sun and is in bright white, not faded from formally being red like the one I have been wearing. Now the combo set they sold with Juliets has the automatic in white as well as the seconds hand. This watch has the carbon fiber back with the white automatic an a red seconds hand.

Latest Posts

Back