• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Timebomb still best?

Anyone still think the timebomb is the best timepiece from Oakley?
The time bomb was oakley's first watch..... hence it holds a special place in oakley's long and storied history....... when it came out, the design was almost out of this world!!...... The fact that there even was a 10th year anniversary watch(TB2) to commemorate the time bomb.... speaks volumes...... There are other Oakley watches which are definitely much more rare and probably better made...... but the time bomb defined Oakley's place in the watch world......(imho)....... The time bomb was old school Oakley slogging at its best!!!

Best timepiece from Oakley? No, it's problematic due to it's energy storage mechanism. It's a nice watch don't get me wrong but it is not "the best".
The "best" would probably be the FMJ, but Frank has all of them and the lack of availability and price makes it difficult to experience.
The TB2 has a great movement/ energy storage mechanism but... if you size it (by cutting the underlayer of unobtainium) you have virtually ruined it for any other wearer (unless their wrist is the same size or smaller) and therefore lessened it's value.
So my opinion is....... the Automatic Gearbox; nice aesthetics, great movement, nice sizable/resizeable band and with production of 2500 units they are more attainable (and cheaper) than the 100 unit FMJ.
My .02!

I would say that the TBII is the best that is obtainable out on the market. Yes the FMJ is next level but they only show up once or twice a year at best and the price is through the roof. The TBII has so much tech in it, with it being automatic, carbon fiber, the bracelet that flexes etc. I have 16 Oakley watches and the TBII is the coolest in my opinion!

I would say that the TBII is the best that is obtainable out on the market. Yes the FMJ is next level but they only show up once or twice a year at best and the price is through the roof. The TBII has so much tech in it, with it being automatic, carbon fiber, the bracelet that flexes etc. I have 16 Oakley watches and the TBII is the coolest in my opinion!
True I would put the TB2 in Top 5 all time Oakley watches( which is why I'm on the hunt for the livestrong edition tb2) but the FMJ is the holy grail. Not just bc of the price tag or limited number but design and production imo.

Best timepiece from Oakley? No, it's problematic due to it's energy storage mechanism. It's a nice watch don't get me wrong but it is not "the best".
The "best" would probably be the FMJ, but Frank has all of them and the lack of availability and price makes it difficult to experience.
The TB2 has a great movement/ energy storage mechanism but... if you size it (by cutting the underlayer of unobtainium) you have virtually ruined it for any other wearer (unless their wrist is the same size or smaller) and therefore lessened it's value.
So my opinion is....... the Automatic Gearbox; nice aesthetics, great movement, nice sizable/resizeable band and with production of 2500 units they are more attainable (and cheaper) than the 100 unit FMJ.
My .02!

Timebomb2 because of the cutting of the band is the one that turned me off. Lucky if you find a new one or find the same size as your wrist.

So agree with carguy, for me the best is the auto gearbox ti band!

Back