• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

- Tinfoil / Tincan ...

Zeke

- The Retarded Battle Continues ...
Besides the new hinge tech, what are folks' thoughts on the actual glasses themselves? Have they sold rather well?

In my somewhat simple mind, I am flipping a coin between a "Tincan" or a "Tincan Carbon", ... or should I not be? I have always liked full-framed glasses, but I also love my collection of Flak's. Go figure. Therefore, anything on the 'Foil I'd like as well.

Thank, folks.

You know I really like the Tin Can and Tin Foil both.
I think the hinge is really cool and think they just look cool. Hope to pick one up someday.

I have the tincan with dark bronze. Love the shape and feel but one slight issue is how flat they are - lack of wrap which means a lot of sunlight on back of lens unless wearing a cap. Thinking of selling mine to spend the money on a Juliet so PM me of interested!
Overall, I'd recommend.

This thread inspired me to take a closer look at my tincans. You know, I think the reason I love the design is the thinness of the frame on the inside, below the nose. It gets to about 1mm of metal there and is very stylish.
I didn't like the tinfoils nearly as much but I know there are plenty of fans and I thnk it was just how they looked on me.
This dude (Sunglass Shack) looks good in both!
http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/tinfoil-tincan-question.31389/page-2

I have some Tinfoils and have ended up wearing them much more than I thought I would. Just tried on the carbon versions of both and they are fantastic! Really light, but not in a cheap way. They feel great on your hands and on your head. Just trying to decide on which one!

I'm doing up my step dad in an Rx Tincan Carbon, matte black with ice. We have to do non Oakley lenses because his rx is too high. This frame is great for higher RX because of lower base curve. Hollowpoint hinge is holding up well for most of clients so far. ANYONE HAVE PROBLEMS WITH HINGE YET?

Tincan carbons satin black with black iridium polarized are the best sunglasses that I've ever had, Perfect for sunny conditions, with incredible design and built to last.

I have 2 pairs of tincans, tungsten polarized and the ice polarized. I absolutely love them. The tungsten polarized are amazing driving glasses.

I have 2 pairs of tincans, tungsten polarized and the ice polarized. I absolutely love them. The tungsten polarized are amazing driving glasses.

True that, and the tungsten in the rain works well
I like all of the tin cans and tin foils I have, they just feel solid as Sears and light weight
By far the glasses that are new from China, these are superior

Besides the new hinge tech, what are folks' thoughts on the actual glasses themselves? Have they sold rather well?

In my somewhat simple mind, I am flipping a coin between a "Tincan" or a "Tincan Carbon", ... or should I not be? I have always liked full-framed glasses, but I also love my collection of Flak's. Go figure. Therefore, anything on the 'Foil I'd like as well.

Thank, folks.
If you're deciding between the Tincan and the Tincan Carbon, I would definitely suggest going for the carbon version. I mean aesthetically they both look fine but the Carbon version is so much more comfortable around the temples.

Back