• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tio2 frames, need prescription lenses?

I'd also recommend a Shamir Autograph Attitude brand lens. Digitally surfaced, compensated for aberrations in the wrap design.
Sounds like Shamir Autograph Attitude lenses have features designed to improve visual clarity. Do these lenses have any design features that would help them fit frames that other plastic lenses ground to the same Rx cannot fit? For example, if Oakley says they can't fit -5 Rx Oakley lenses into XX frames, is there a chance that an optician could fit -5 Rx Shamir Autograph Attitude lenses into XX frames? Or are the Shamir Autograph Attitude lenses all about visual clarity?

Sounds like Shamir Autograph Attitude lenses have features designed to improve visual clarity. Do these lenses have any design features that would help them fit frames that other plastic lenses ground to the same Rx cannot fit? For example, if Oakley says they can't fit -5 Rx Oakley lenses into XX frames, is there a chance that an optician could fit -5 Rx Shamir Autograph Attitude lenses into XX frames? Or are the Shamir Autograph Attitude lenses all about visual clarity?
That is a good question! They are all about clarity #1, but on top of that they are made in most materials. I.e. they come in 1.67 high index, or transitions high index, etc. Oakley only uses polycarbonate. A good lab/optical can still special bevel the lenses to fit. My lab has an additional service like true edge Oakley, thin wrap HD, it bevels out the thickest part! So anyway it won't go way past Oakley parameters, but maybe 10-20% higher in RX. For example up to -5.50 also minimum PD is important too. A larger PD (pupillary distance) like 32mm each eye, 64 mm total or more helps thinness.

Back