Mike.vanderkoon

Oakley Expert
Chicago
I have this custom Tio2 Hammerstem frame. I bought it this way and the seller knew less than I knew about it. He was believing that the hamer stems were added from an XX instead of just taking a polished Juliet and refinished. I know this is possible and some people do it. But is there a way to tell by measuring the legs or something else? I will be reselling theses frames shortly and would just like to know the details of what I’m selling. I tried measuring to comparing to my polished Juliet but the noise is much tighter on Tio2 so the measurements are getting skewed. The legs appear to be the same length as each other. Unfortunately I do not own a an XX to measure. When I wear the Tio2 the gap between the legs and my head are much smaller but I believe that is due to the nose bridge tightness.

Any thoughts or help is appreciated.
844824E0-6C20-4445-A273-2C8C1AC2C585.jpeg
EE8A5B7B-3926-4372-8F69-770D0B0CA986.jpeg
5EBEFCF1-8C54-4C6E-AFAD-58600A7A56A7.jpeg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses
Register to Not see this ad

MachineHead

Oakley Enthusiast
New Jersey
if finish is oem then arms are most likely taken from an xx. if refinished then probably originally a polished juliet.

CardFan

Oakley Beginner
When I wear the Tio2 the gap between the legs and my head are much smaller but I believe that is due to the nose bridge tightness.
Are you saying this Tio2 is tighter than your polished Juliets? Your picture on the ruler seems to show the Tio2 legs further apart, correct? Do you mind explaining this a little more for me? I was thinking the closer the legs are the tighter the nose bridge? I don’t mean to hijack your thread, just trying to learn and planning to purchase something shortly, and these look like frames I might be interested in (assuming they are available when I get exchange access). Thanks.

Slojack

The Cake is a Lie
Premium Member
Orlando
Are you saying this Tio2 is tighter than your polished Juliets? Your picture on the ruler seems to show the Tio2 legs further apart, correct? Do you mind explaining this a little more for me? I was thinking the closer the legs are the tighter the nose bridge? I don’t mean to hijack your thread, just trying to learn and planning to purchase something shortly, and these look like frames I might be interested in (assuming they are available when I get exchange access). Thanks.
20190720_152705.jpg

Tightest nosebridge ever then.

Mike.vanderkoon

Oakley Expert
Chicago
I think the ruler shows them both 6 inches.

What I was saying was when I put on the polished the legs do spread out further because there is more “give” or looseness. But if the legs are the same as indicated by @Wicked it doesn’t matter. Because if you want it tighter you can just get a tuneup or switch the TS to higher number. At the time I was not certain if it could have been because the legs were different which they are not. Make sense?

New Threads