• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tio2 Question

v2kjokerz

Oakley Expert
SoCal
Someone sent me some pics of supposedly Xmetal XX Tio2 and just wanna see if you guys can confirm to me that it is a Tio2 and can tell me why it doesn't have a serial #...

15xuwhz.jpg

14ijy93.jpg

3468bie.jpg

10fajoz.jpg

Thanks for any help.

I think like some of the other X-Metals, the warranty replacement frames don't have them. I know the R1's that were done under warranty didn't have a new serial so maybe that is the case with these?

The TIO2 was retired in 2006. Serials were ceased in December 2004....so there ARE original factory pieces out there without serials. By the looks of the orbitals on those, that is quite possibly what these are....that's the much more silvery finish indicative of later generations of Plasma. Either way, those look 100% authentic to my eye.

Depends on the seller and the buyer. Some collectors value serialed pieces more than non-serialed and if they are selling it THEY may price it higher and a buyer may pay more if THEY value it more. I don't personally care that much about serials on high volume models (a serial on say the 24K line where the run was only 750 pieces is a different story). I think more important on the TIO2 is that many of us (I would fall in this catagory) would be willing to pay a little more for a first gen TIO2 because those have the Plasma orbitals that are more champagne in color which I think looks really cool on this frame and helps set off the earstems and flex coupler more because the two colors are more distinct from each other.

What he means is the TiO2 never had a 2009 comeback, that was X-Metal and 24k only.