• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tips For Trading

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
You keep mentioning eBay. Is the trade being done thru that site. I was not aware of them doing a trade option as it is an auction site. Call me stupid but now I'm a little confused as to where you are trying to strike the trade.

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
You keep mentioning eBay. Is the trade being done thru that site. I was not aware of them doing a trade option as it is an auction site. Call me stupid but now I'm a little confused as to where you are trying to strike the trade.

The plan was to have both parties set the same buy it now price and have each other buy the items for an agreed upon price(pretty much defeats the purpose of a trade to me)

I'm assuming his thoughts were to make a transaction through eBay so that in the event his item didn't arrive, he would be protected by their policies. Which is great and all but unless you set the buy it now price to the worth of the glasses, I don't see how eBay could really help you out.

If I was going to use eBay to trade, I wouldn't pay very much at all for the other persons item, since the point of a trade is to spend nothing, since that's the case I don't see how eBay could help if they are only insuring your item for say $3....seems like if the other party didn't ship, you would be up 3 dollars and out a pair of glasses.

There is basically no protection there.

Some people reacted to this post.

Latest Posts

Back