• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tips on Fixing lighting in Single Wide Case.

sQuijeW

Oakley Beginner
I just got my first oakley display case (x2) single wide (like the one in the pic below for reference). But these have the fluorescent tube bulbs at the top and bottom.

I went out and bought new bulbs and a new three prong power cable. After swapping out the bulbs and plugging in the cable, flipping the switch, it does not turn on. The cable i purchased was a universal power cord off of amazon.

Anyone have any idea how i can trouble shoot the issue, or how to fix it?

$_57.jpg

The ballast in the top of the display likely needs to be replaced, they're prone to fail. You can get a replacement at Home Depot or Amazon.

Were you ever able to see it work before you purchased it? I have one just like it and mine has florecent tubes in bottom and 4 halogen in top. If its getting power I would say ballast are bad.

No, i was told the lights were not working. I was just trying to figure out how to get it working again.

I will try to install the ballasts and see if that fixes it. Thank you all for the direction so far. I will let you know how it comes out

The ballasts were the issue. It took me a while to figure out the wiring to test them, but it finally worked. I will finish the wiring and fixing both cases tonight.

I purchased the following ballast to replace the old ones. these are shorter and taller than the original ballasts, so I am still not sure how to properly mount them securely. They work, so I am happy nonetheless. First cases for my small frog collection
>> GE Lighting 80819 GEM220TS120DIY

Thank you all for the tips and help!

Latest Posts

Back