• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tips On Getting A X-squared Ducati

JesterC

Oakley Beginner
Hello all,
I'm a noobie on Oakley X-Metals. I've known about this line since its beginning with Romeo and Juliet, but didn't know this line has evolved into various styles. I'm taking a renewed interest in X-Squared Ducati, but am not sure if it is safe to find a genuine one on eBay. Romeo is a reason I don't use eBay much cause I got burned long ago :mad: when Romeo first came out and I paid for one on eBay but never heard from the seller ever again. This was before there were any eBay buyer protections.
Are there any telltail signs on spotting a fake X-Squared Ducati (like, if it doesn't have laser etched 'Ducati' logo, then it is definately a fake etc...)? Or, even more, has anyone come across any fake X-Squared and would like to share their insight on how to spot them before its too late?
Thanks, and much appreciated for your advices.

I don't think I've ever seen a fake remake of the X Squared. They should say DUCATI in the lower left lens anyways, so that's a nice sign. But like I said, I've never seen a fake X Squared before. I've seen loads of Juliet's and Romeo's, but yeah, no X Squared! Good luck with your hunt!

I scour ebay like a hawk and every single Ducati X Squared I've seen on ebay is authentic. They usually go from $240-300 but are all pretty legit from trusted sellers. I personally love the X Squared! Good luck getting one!

If you need help identifying a fake I own a ducati XS so I can assist you if you're in doubt. I watch most of the ones on ebay as well and can tell you if they're legit or not.

Thanks jiveSEVEN for the offer, I will definately consult you when I do see one in doubt.
Are those red rubber earjackets, and laser etched 'Ducati' the only differences between normal x-squared and ducati x-squared? Or are there more that I have missed?

I believe red earsocks, red temple shocks, ducati etching, and the contents of the box are the things that differentiate the ducati xs and normal ones.

@ Jester - Don't be afraid to ask questions here. There's a wealth of knowledge to be learned for all the members...I know, I've learned tons and still am learning the more I read and ask questions. Everyone here's been awesome! I have a pair of XS in Carbon w/ black iridium...LOVE THEM! Welcome to the boards and good luckon your hunt!

Oh, and don't forget...feel free to share any knowledge or experience you have also!!! Aloha!!!

I think as long as you see the DUCATI etching, you're good. I don't know if replica's make etched lenses, and if they do, it's probably not very good.

Back