• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tips On Getting A X-squared Ducati

have not seen any fake etched lenses yet but i think the fakers will get to this point soon!

I bought a pair of Ducati X-Squared recently as well. Just waiting for them to arrive, so feel free to ask me anything about them as well if need be.

In regards to tips, whenever I go about buying a pair of sunglasses (or anything for that matter) from eBay I ALWAYS message them first, showing my interest in them and asking if they're willing to drop the price a little. Even if they don't have a "Make An Offer" on the listing, I find that many will still come down some. Sometimes I'll offer to buy through a private sale (out of eBay) which saves them on eBay seller fees, so long as they're willing to send a detailed PayPal invoice! I find this persuades them a lot to giving you a further discount, sometimes they'll offer you free shipping as well!

Hope this helps! :smile:

P.S. X-Squared is an awesome choice! Tried my first pair on recently during a trip to an Oakley store. I was a little hesitant in buying a pair prior to this as some of the pictures I've seen made them look HUGE on people's faces.

There's some videos on YouTube of replica XS's. It's in a foreign language (Portugese maybe?), but there are fakes out there. The video quality sucks (240p), but the fakes look convincing nonetheless. The tell signs are totally obvious though, check out the vids by searching "replica x-squared". They have a lot of x-metal replicas...Romeo 1, Romeo 2, Juliet, XS...

Maybe someone should start a collection of replicas! Them if we ever have questions of authenticity, we would have a genuine collector of replicas in the house! lol

Thanks for all the tips and support everyone :)
I feel like that geeky guy in Verizon's 'Can you hear me now?' commercials with hundreds of tech support guys standing behind him. I can now freely browse through eBay listings knowing I have the experiences of y'all helping me weed out the suspicious listings.
Thanks again guys. I will definately post pics of listing I see to help identify waz real and waz not.

bad fishy- I agree that someone should start a replica collection, but then again... in this kinda economy, who has the $ to collect all those fakes, there are just so many. Perhaps a library of replica pics to help potential buyers make educated purchases. I see posting of pictures on fake Oakleys here and there all spread out in this forum. It may be a good idea to have a dedicated 'Fake Oakley' thread that one can go in knowing that whatever they see in there will be replicas. Then again... it might help the crooks on making an even more convincing fake... Its a double edged sword my friends...

Howdy Mentors,
I am also curious on what a good price for ducati XSs.
What is the lowest price you've seen or gotten for a pair of ducati XS?
New with box and everything= ~$300 (most of what I see in eBay)
New but no box= ~$250
Almost New= ?

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Latest Posts

Back