• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘Tips on How to Collect Oakleys, But Still Stay Married!

cacatman

No one knows 'cacat' like cacatman!!
Staff member
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Updated 13th November, 2018 by cacatman

If this isn't a challenge for you, then you're not a true collector. LOL.

Add your tip below. I need all the help I can get!!!

Assumptions (in order of importance):-

#1. I want to stay married to the same woman (because I made a promise....and I quite like her!!!)
#2. I want to collect Oakleys.

My Tips:-
  1. Only buy the stuff you really really want. Buying Oakleys and staying married is like your heart. There's a maximum number of beats per lifetime for each person and you don't know when your time will be up
  2. Only buy the stuff you really really want
  3. Token downsize your collection occasionally so it looks like you're making an effort to reign it in
  4. Confine your collection to your mancave/office. For some reason, chicks hate Oakley cabinets in the lounge room and entertainment areas
  5. Do trades rather than outright purchases. It's like money laundering
  6. Make sure she sees you packing Oakleys and POSTING them away in huge boxes. Your buyers will thank you as well!
  7. Show her eBay and "what they go for" and let her know it's an investment (tip from @Jmgarcia!!)
  8. Get any Oakley purchases sent to the office instead of home (it's for "security" reasons, not so you can hide your purchases, you dope). It's also helpful so that people don't have your home address to set up a robbery
  9. Always keep the doors to your Oakley room shut with at least a 7 key password and retina scanner
  10. Have a large collection, so that new additions aren't noticed just in case she gets in there somehow. This works well if you have more than 2 cases. It's easy to hide pairs amongst 50 in the cabinet. "Oh that one? I've had that for a while....."
  11. Buy her more shoes. Women love shoes. Get yourself a spare pair of Jimmy Choo's and hide it in the cupboard so you can distract her when she starts discussing your PayPal expenditure
  12. Grit your teeth and let her wear some of your collection. Pray hard that she drops your Romeos on bitumen, because that, my friend, is your free ticket to the replacement Mars Jordan you were hoping to buy
  13. Tell her @Chris A Hardaway is way way cheaper than having to buy new sunglasses to replace your sunglasses with unusable lenses. If she questions you why you need new lenses, tell her that you'd never be able to forgive yourself, if you accidentally ran over the 5 yo kid who ran in front of your car because you couldn't see past that minute tiny peripheral cleaning swirl mark in the bottom right hand corner of your Juliets.
  14. Don't limit her unreasonable spending. It's hard to tell her not to buy that $100 lipstick when you've just spent $300 on an Oakley coin or $50 on a pop card!!!
  15. Show her where you've actually MADE money from your collection (from the 2 pairs you sold 10 years ago)
  16. If you have to admit to a purchase, use the "Perspective" trick e.g. "I was going to spend $37,000 on a fishing weekend with the boys and boat, but I thought I'd save money and just spend $5000 on this ancient Livestrong Timebomb 2 watch
  17. Use "@IAMOBS' wife lets him buy all the Oakleys he wants, why can't you be more like her?" Ed note - Tried this one this morning....it doesn't work. I'm now on a $20/month pocket allowance until the end of the financial year (let me know if you get different results)
  18. "Bait and Switch" technique - @YakuzaFloralGangsta needed a short term loan so I took a deposit for one of his excess pairs of C-six carbon. He'll pay it back later and I'll send him back his C-six....3 minutes later....He said he can't pay it back...."Sorry dear, I'm going to have to keep the C-six"
  19. "This M-frame reminds me of you. That's why I bought it". Can only be used once or twice. And NEVER with Monster Dogs...
  20. Buy her a few pairs and get her interested in them!! (@The Dark Gnat)

Last edited:
I read the assumptions and the rest of the post. ;)

For every "one wife" you can have .....there's like 30 mistresses that are way better. :hi:
LOL. You stirrer.

Keep telling yourself that. I know you don't believe it.

It's the same problem with "fast food". It always looks way better from afar.

Back