• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tips on installing aftermarket flex couplers

ducatiti

I should Work at Oakley
While waiting for my couplers and .050 hex tool to arrive for my x-squared, I would like to gather tips here to include trimming of the rubber itself. Did you have to cut or shave down the rubber in order to make it fit? Blade, file, crazy glue, etc? Ever use WD-40 to make it slip in easier? This is a first for me and don't want to ruin anything. I had Mark service my Juliet and it had a distinct scent around the nose bridge, making me thing that WD-40 was used. I'm not sure though?

I purchased these newly designed couplers ( oxm-parts ) from a member here. Hopefully, they are as stiff as Mark's...

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

While waiting for my couplers and .050 hex tool to arrive for my x-squared, I would like to gather tips here to include trimming of the rubber itself. Did you have to cut or shave down the rubber in order to make it fit? Blade, file, crazy glue, etc? Ever use WD-40 to make it slip in easier? This is a first for me and don't want to ruin anything. I had Mark service my Juliet and it had a distinct scent around the nose bridge, making me thing that WD-40 was used. I'm not sure though?

I purchased these newly designed couplers ( oxm-parts ) from a member here. Hopefully, they are as stiff as Mark's...

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Why not just specifically ask @THE X-MAN ?

I use purell, but only on early generation stuff.oxm rubber needs to be modified no matter what frames there going into.

Thanks again. From your experience, is it best to trim the top, front, or back?

Latest Posts

Back