• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Titanium/gold Juliet Query?

350nick

Oakley Expert
I have recently acquired a pair of 2nd gen titanium with gold iridium juliets which I love .

My query is that they currently have black ear socks&nose bombs. Would these have originally been rootbeer?

Rootbeer replacements are currently available on oakley uk website so if this is more original I might order a set.

Also I quite fancy a spare set of lenses and was wondering if anyone could suggest some ideas?

There's a selection still available through oakley. Are ruby a nice lens? I like vr28 but they only have the black iridium polarized which is an expensive option! Others that are available are fire, black iridium, grey, and tungsten. (I already have tungsten polarized in my flaks though)

Tempted by ruby but they aren't the most subtle and might not suit the titanium frame.

Thanks for any opinions!

I have the same frame. Rootbeer earsocks came standard on that pair. As for lenses you can custom cut just about anything you like but to have a nice appeal and compliment the frame tungsten or titanium iridium would also be nice.

I have the same frame. Rootbeer earsocks came standard on that pair. As for lenses you can custom cut just about anything you like but to have a nice appeal and compliment the frame tungsten or titanium iridium would also be nice.
I agree with all of XMM's points with one clarification to help steer you more definitively:
Why wouldn't you have XMM, Dr Chop or Infinite Hero "chop" you a set of correct lenses from a Half Jacket XLJ like these? Or if you fancy a different color lens that is not available as a Juliet the XLJ chop offers more options, like VR28 BI (like the Ti02), Persimmon and more.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-O...86744982?pt=US_Sunglasses&hash=item3f29f33796
or
http://www.oakley.com/products/5202/17440
The Lens cutting table in the DIY/Modding sub-forum says that this will work and Infinite Hero and Dr Chop have done plenty of XLJ chops for me.
The new Big Taco offers some interesting colors and Split Jackets offer even more such as the VR50 (like the Finito).
My .02

Hmm, I can get tungsten for a decent price direct from oakley. Titanium sound nice but would have to find some. I'll try holding my tungsten flak lenses against the frames when I get a moment!

I could then get vr28 for my flaks and scratch that itch a bit cheaper. I love the vr28 bip in my girlfriends enduring, any idea how a normal vr28 or even a vr28 black iridium would compare? They're a lot cheaper. Read a lot of confusing opinions on this. Some say the basic vr28 are nicer others say bip are nicer?

I will also get the rootbeer rubbers ordered if that's the original look. Get them while I still can!

I assume temple shocks should be black?

I agree with all of XMM's points with one clarification to help steer you more definitively:
Why wouldn't you have XMM, Dr Chop or Infinite Hero "chop" you a set of correct lenses from a Half Jacket XLJ like these? Or if you fancy a different color lens that is not available as a Juliet the XLJ chop offers more options, like VR28 BI (like the Ti02), Persimmon and more.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-O...86744982?pt=US_Sunglasses&hash=item3f29f33796
or
http://www.oakley.com/products/5202/17440
The Lens cutting table in the DIY/Modding sub-forum says that this will work and Infinite Hero and Dr Chop have done plenty of XLJ chops for me.
The new Big Taco offers some interesting colors and Split Jackets offer even more such as the VR50 (like the Finito).
My .02

That does sound a decent option but I am in the UK and I'm guessing these guys are US based making it a bit more difficult.

Still might be viable. Not sure if there are any UK lens cutters and I wouldn't trust myself!

Hmm, I can get tungsten for a decent price direct from oakley. Titanium sound nice but would have to find some. I'll try holding my tungsten flak lenses against the frames when I get a moment!

I could then get vr28 for my flaks and scratch that itch a bit cheaper. I love the vr28 bip in my girlfriends enduring, any idea how a normal vr28 or even a vr28 black iridium would compare? They're a lot cheaper. Read a lot of confusing opinions on this. Some say the basic vr28 are nicer others say bip are nicer?

I will also get the rootbeer rubbers ordered if that's the original look. Get them while I still can!

I assume temple shocks should be black?

Titanium OEM Juliet lenses CAN be obtained If you want them...

That does sound a decent option but I am in the UK and I'm guessing these guys are US based making it a bit more difficult.
While we are two countries separated by a common language I don't think that any of those three discriminate with respect to US/UK sales. It does make the degree of difficulty a little higher and increase your shipping expense. I am unaware of any UK choppers.
I could then get vr28 for my flaks and scratch that itch a bit cheaper. I love the vr28 bip in my girlfriends enduring, any idea how a normal vr28 or even a vr28 black iridium would compare? They're a lot cheaper. Read a lot of confusing opinions on this. Some say the basic vr28 are nicer others say bip are nicer? I will also get the rootbeer rubbers ordered if that's the original look... I assume temple shocks should be black?
In inverse order:
T-shox should be RB also, contact Oakley UK for a complete set.
I like VR28 better because I'm lukewarm on Polar but they make them both ways for a reason and it's subjective.

While we are two countries separated by a common language I don't think that any of those three discriminate with respect to US/UK sales. It does make the degree of difficulty a little higher and increase your shipping expense. I am unaware of any UK choppers.

In inverse order:
T-shox should be RB also, contact Oakley UK for a complete set.
I like VR28 better because I'm lukewarm on Polar but they make them both ways for a reason and it's subjective.

Yeah, it was just the added expense of shipping etc that was a concern but may be worth considering.

I will get in contact with oakley regarding the rootbeer t shox as I'm sure the kit doesn't include them.

I may give the vr28 or vr28 black a go, sure I'll like them!

Have you any experience of ruby iridium?

Thanks

Just taken temple shock out and realised they are rootbeer. Going to order the rootbeer kit (ear socks and nose bombs) now then they'll be all original.

As for lenses I think I'll just keep a lookout for something.

Might treat myself to some vr28 or vr28-black iridium for the flak jackets in the meantime!