• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Titanium/Gold Romeo

xmetal40

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
USA
Not that a Romeo comes up for sale often, I especially do not see many of these up for sale. Curious as to why?

a lot of them probably got repurposed (customized) because of the terrible finish that just cannot be cleaned if they are neglected. or returned to oakley because of the discoloration + lens cracking. IMHO should be the rarest one because of the fact that in my experience, the plasma and xmetal finishes hold up better.

Did the finish wear out even if the frame was taken care of from day one?

Did the finish wear out even if the frame was taken care of from day one?
I am fortunate enough to own a pristine example that was literally tried on and shoved back in its box. from what I have seen, is that it is the same as the early plasma finish that is very porous and basically sucks stuff up. if taken care of properly from day one, there is still a good chance discoloration will happen under the unobtanium pieces since those are almost never cleaned properly or frequently enough..

I am fortunate enough to have a pristine example also, but I thought that the Plasma/Fire was more rare. Though if you are correct about your theory, I could see the Ti/Gold being more rare.

I have a few that are in good condition and recieved one that was severely neglected condition. I am considering getting a clear coat on the good ones to protect them from staining and discoloration, like the one below.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

These are the pics after I cleaned it up a bit. They were pretty disgusting when I recieved them. I sent it away to see if these can be saved. If not, these will be refinished.

I am fortunate enough to have a pristine example also, but I thought that the Plasma/Fire was more rare. Though if you are correct about your theory, I could see the Ti/Gold being more rare.
rare/vs popular. I think the plasma pair was more popular which in turn made it rarer as more of the masses bought and held on/lost/used/etc them.

rare/vs popular. I think the plasma pair was more popular which in turn made it rarer as more of the masses bought and held on/lost/used/etc them.

Good point. I think a lot of people like the fire lenses, or at least from what I've seen lately. So probably that probably helped to make it a more popular combo.

Back